friction-free cardio?

Options
Hey guys,

I got over 75 tick bites on my body over the weekend. They are super sensitive and when they get rubbed, they turn into raw open sores. I can't run or do crunches until they heal but I want to get my cardio in. I don't have access to a gym. I was wondering if anyone could think of exercises that could be done with minimal rubbing of skin. I'm doing my push-up's and planks and free weights. Anything else?

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    let them heal.
  • YoBecca
    YoBecca Posts: 167
    Options
    My usual answer for friction-free cardio is "try some lube," but this one has me stumped. What with the open sores and all that. GL!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Walking? I'd just do what you know can work for you,maybe a bit extra...but letting the bites heal might be the best way to go.
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Only thing that comes into my mind is jump rope. Only friction you have by doing it is with your feet and ground... and maybe the closing against your body when jumping... but you can just take them off, hehe.
  • Brown523
    Brown523 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Jumping jacks!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    all depends on location and clothing. Loose fitting clothing tends to rub more because it's got the room to move.

I'd just skip the cardio and do some weight training.

If they weren't open sores I'd say pool- but you can't get in a pool with an open sore. That's gross and wildly unsanitary.

Spinning- walking- rowing? it really depends on where they are- I can't do any sort of cardio when I have bug bites- it makes them SUPER itchy- so I just do weight training- and a slower day. Good luck!
  • highpriestess42
    Options
    Thanks guys. Appreciate it.