how to get nice arms

Options
2»

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Unless OP was on steroids, there is no way she got big biceps from a couple of Barbie weights.
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    walk real fast and pump your arms up and down as fast as you can while walking...

Yep. Worked for me.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I do kettlebells and I think my arms look better than they ever have. Nice defined shoulder muscles. Maybe this was a troll post, but there's a non-troll answer for you.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to just accept that your body might not be able to look exactly like you want it to look.

When I was very skinny, I had very lean arms. I was also weak and sickly. When I gained weight, I gained most of it in my arms and legs. As a strong, healthy person, I don't have and won't have very lean arms. They're a lot leaner with weight lifting than they were when I was chunky, but I have bigger arms than some other women and that's just something I've learned to like. I'd rather have my strong 12.5" biceps that are firm and shapely and can lift heavy things than 10" biceps that are weak. (I'm also not saying everyone or anyone with a 10" bicep is weak, it's just not an attainable goal for me.)

Or in short: do what it takes to be healthy and fit, and how your body looks is how it's supposed to look.
  • RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    One of my arms is stronger than the other.

PM me for details.
  • kell2116
    kell2116 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to just accept that your body might not be able to look exactly like you want it to look.

When I was very skinny, I had very lean arms. I was also weak and sickly. When I gained weight, I gained most of it in my arms and legs. As a strong, healthy person, I don't have and won't have very lean arms. They're a lot leaner with weight lifting than they were when I was chunky, but I have bigger arms than some other women and that's just something I've learned to like. I'd rather have my strong 12.5" biceps that are firm and shapely and can lift heavy things than 10" biceps that are weak. (I'm also not saying everyone or anyone with a 10" bicep is weak, it's just not an attainable goal for me.)

Or in short: do what it takes to be healthy and fit, and how your body looks is how it's supposed to look.

Fantastic advice
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Did you find out how to spot reduce in your thread about belly fat?
  • rowrunyoga
    rowrunyoga Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    One of my arms is stronger than the other.

PM me for details.

HAHAH!

You should really mix in the other arm, like this guy. (It's like a blind date.)
    DCp6GKv.jpg
  • GymRatGirl13
    GymRatGirl13 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    walk real fast and pump your arms up and down as fast as you can while walking...

Ba ha ha ha ha!!!!!:laugh: :smokin:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I currenlty do P90X and quite a few of thw workouts are for upper body. Tony's advice for lean muscle mass (not bulk) is lift a slightly lighter weight and do more reps. It has worked wonders for me!

Unfortunately, that advice is not right. While in a calorie deficit, there is no difference in terms of fat loss whether you do 8 reps or 15. Where there is any kind of difference is which muscle fibers you use. Low reps you fast twitch (explosive power) and high reps use slow twitch (endurance) muscle fibers. So you get stronger with lower reps and get endurance with high reps. Regardless of which one you do, new lean body mass will not happen. It's almost impossible to gain new lean body mass unless you are in a surplus. And even if you are in a surplus, women just don't have high enough testosterone to gain bulky mass.
This discussion has been closed.