Odd taste in my mouth - like I've been drinking cream

Options
I've only been at this a few of weeks where I'm conciously trying to watch what I eat and make sure I get enough protein, but for the past few days I've had this taste in my mouth like I've drunk a cup of cream.

I drink tea with milk, but have done forever and not noticed this.

So I'm trying to determine:
- is this a side effect of having more protein, less carbs (trying to cut out bread for meals other than breakfast)
- am I becoming intolerant to milk in my tea
- am I getting halitosis
- Am I noticing this now because I'm not constantly shoving things in my mouth and this is just what an empty mouth tastes like.

I googled "mouth full of cream" but that wasn't the answer - I'm definitely not doing what the ladies in the pictures were doing.

Replies

• justanotherloser007
    Options
    For the past few days, have you checked if you have a fever? Also, when my allergies are really bad - food tastes weird. Once I picked up chewing gum to help with the food cravings and ended up with a sore tongue and a few mega swollen taste buds.

No cream thingys though. My hubby went from high carbs to super high protein because he found out he was diabetic. All I remember was him saying was that he was always hungry.
  • steve2kay
    steve2kay Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Oh, I do have a cold. Maybe it's all the gunk running down my throat. Good call! I'll see if it's all still yucky once my cold clear up.

Thank you!
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Oh, I do have a cold. Maybe it's all the gunk running down my throat. Good call! I'll see if it's all still yucky once my cold clear up.

Thank you!

Oh, yep. Could be that, for sure. I hope you feel better soon!
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    If you've inadvertently put yourself into ketosis (which might be possible) you could get a strange taste in your mouth. Although I've never heard anyone ever refer to it as "cream" tasting (usually sweet). What's your daily carb intake? Some people are able to get into, and maintain ketosis at anything under 100g.

As far as being sick... maybe!
    I never really though mucus had much of a taste to it, with the exception of whenever I had pneumonia. I thought THAT had a pretty distinct taste (from it being an infection, but it wasn't like cream either).
  • boredlimodriver
    boredlimodriver Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    that wasn't cream, and that wasn't a straw
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I googled "mouth full of cream" but that wasn't the answer - I'm definitely not doing what the ladies in the pictures were doing.

Eating whipped cream straight from the can eh?

6a00d83451b8c369e20153940681f0970b-800wi
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Came into this thread expecting something totally different

lol likewise
  • ladypitek
    ladypitek Posts: 91 Member
    Options

I wish I could help you with your problem. But this last bit just made me CRACK UP. I'm sorry!!
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

Must resist urge to google.

I'd guess it's your cold. I get that "sick" taste that's phlegmy and kind of sweet when I'm ill. I would compare it to a lot of other things before a mouth full of cream, but maybe that's it. Good luck with that!