Counting Calories for the Week Vs Each Day

Options
13»

Replies

• funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I think your zig zag diet method will work, if you stay accountable. I commend your determination!!!

Personally, I have to be accountable daily, because I never know when I am going to have a surprise birthday or holiday ruin my calorie count for the day.

Good luck to you!!!
  • jon9949
    jon9949 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The problem is your body needs some nutrients on a daily basis. The body cannot store some of them and in some cases it is harmful to eat too much of some stuff at once. It is much like taking medication. You need a consistent dose daily. So as a general rule...not a good idea. However, if you anticipate a party or gathering like holidays, it makes sense to save some calories or reduce calories afterwards. From the weight perspective weekly calorie not an issue, but from a nutritional and health angle- not a good idea.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    The problem is your body needs some nutrients on a daily basis. The body cannot store some of them and in some cases it is harmful to eat too much of some stuff at once. It is much like taking medication. You need a consistent dose daily. So as a general rule...not a good idea. However, if you anticipate a party or gathering like holidays, it makes sense to save some calories or reduce calories afterwards. From the weight perspective weekly calorie not an issue, but from a nutritional and health angle- not a good idea.

Which nutrients become poisonous at 2x or 3x the intake, and which ones kill Ya because you had only 50% of them on any given day? Don't make the process more complicated than it has to be. The body is not that fragile and we can be flexible
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

Way to resurrect a post that was over a year old!