the 5/2 eating plan

is anyone doing this plan? i have been doing it for a few months now and my weight is going (slowly) at last.

Replies

• lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    I started out basically doing this diet except I used the MFP suggested calorie intake on my 5 days off. I now basically follow the calorie guidelines of MFP but if I know I have something coming up on the weekend I will do two days of 500 calories or less to compensate for my "treats". I also find it handy for those unexpected things that come up, like a party at work, or an impromptu party on the weekend, I can just have a couple days of fasting afterwards to fix it.

I've lost weight slow and steady. I'm quite satisfied so far with the 36lbs over 6 months. Some people might be happier losing it faster but I've found a way to enjoy life/food and still lose weight which I think will work better for me once I move on to maintenance.
  • ractrev
    ractrev Posts: 426
    It is working well for me as well. Less stress on the 'eat' days.
  • I haven't heard of this plan, what does it entail?!
  • I'm doing it. You can friend me if you wish, and also check out the 5:2 groups here. Search for 5:2

I've only just started and I'm actually enjoying it. I get to eat ice cream and other treats without as much guilt.

:smile:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I haven't heard of this plan, what does it entail?!

Intermittant fasting

One version has you eat 500 calories 2 days a week (not consecutive days, not exercise days) ..... the other 5 days are MAINTENANCE days. So basically, your entire calorie deficit for the week is from 2 days.

This looks interesting to me.....but I've not tried it.

There are other fasts that have you eat form ...this time of day .... to that time of day (smallish window).