Lose 8 pounds by 10/26 Challenge

Options

Replies

• debe376
    Options
    I just weighed myself and it appears the scale hasn't moved. I am really not happy with that. I think I may have to watch the sodium in my diet. I hear that sodium can prevent the water from leaving the body. Also I haven't been eating consistently at 1252 or whatever my calorie restiction is supposed to be. I admit to having a candy bar over the weekend. I'm going to have to tighten it up!

(I'm a beginner too, I've been on My Fitness Pal for less than 2 weeks so...I guess I still have some learning to do).
  • SlytherinPrefect
    SlytherinPrefect Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Goal: 170
    Week 1 Actual: 169

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!
  • SlytherinPrefect
    Options
    Definitely drink a lot of water. Yesterday I was at 171 because the day before I had tons of sodium-rich food. I definitely didn't lose 2 actual pounds in a day - all water! I drank like 10 glasses and was under my calorie goal by 70 or something. Try water for a few days on top of your calorie goals and see where it's at after that.
  • pugsleyjean
    pugsleyjean Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I must have had a great scale week last week bc today I am up to 136lbs. I changed my goals to loose 2lbs a week which put my calories at 1200. I found it harder to eat 1200 then I did when I was at 1370 a week ago. A few days weren't the greatest but have had similar days when I was eating more calories. I did however loose 2 pant sizes and inches off my waist. So maybe Im doing something right!

Week 1 goal: 132
    Week 1 actual: 136
  • debe376
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself yet but I sure have gained lots of stamina, endurance, and extra sleep. I can function very well now. By giving myself mini goals the ultimate goal seems more realistic each and every day.
  • SlytherinPrefect
    Options
    Week 2 Goal: 168
    Week 2 Actual: 168.5

I call that a win. :)
  • pugsleyjean
    Options
    My goal was to be at 129lbs today and I weighed in this AM at 135lbs. 1lb down since last week way in but Im thinking that this challenge might not have been for me. When trying to loose 2lbs a week I thought I was failing when the scale read 4lbs heavier in a week. My body didn't feel right eating 1200 calories. Ive lost inches off my waist and I feel better this week than I did in week 1. Im going to continue to do the challenge to see where I end up in the end of this but not getting my hopes up to loose the 2lbs per week. Best of luck to you all who are still doing it.
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    what happened to the original posters week 2 weigh in?
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    I'm just seeing this challenge but i'm in so i guess i'll have to play catch up or only do 4 lbs since I'm already 2 weeks late

Week 2 10/9 (start date) 134.5
    week 3 10/16 132
    week 4 10/23 130

Lets get it!!!
  • SlytherinPrefect
    Options
    Week 3 Goal: 166
    Week 3 Actual: 168

Boooooooooooo. :(
  • weaving2fast
    weaving2fast Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan. I like a good challenge. Thanks.
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    I'm just seeing this challenge but i'm in so i guess i'll have to play catch up or only do 4 lbs since I'm already 2 weeks late

Week 2 10/9 (start date) 134.5
    week 3 10/16 132
    week 4 10/23 130

Lets get it!!!

So today I'm weighing in at 132.2 10/16 so far so good!! :-)
  • pugsleyjean
    Options
    Week 3 weigh in 132.6
    Week 3 goal 127

I am still 3lbs down from last week tho. Pretty darn happy :drinker:
  • pugsleyjean
    Options
    Week 4 goal was to be at 125 by Saturday for the end of the challenge. I weighed in at 133.4 today but will weigh in again Saturday to see where I am at.
  • SlytherinPrefect
    Options
    Week 4 Goal: 164 lbs
    Week 4 Actual: 168.5 lbs - I've actually been holding steady at 167 and yesterday was my strength training day, so I suspect that it's water retention and I'm closer to 166. But still good, honestly - I'm really happy with my progress the last 4 weeks. 9 pounds in 4 weeks is excellent.
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    Week 3 weigh in 132.6
    Week 3 goal 127

I am still 3lbs down from last week tho. Pretty darn happy :drinker:

Sounds like a win to me!! Good job! At least u didn't go up again
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    Week 4 goal 130
    Week 4 actual 130.6

I'm happy with that!
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    Week 4 Goal: 164 lbs
    Week 4 Actual: 168.5 lbs - I've actually been holding steady at 167 and yesterday was my strength training day, so I suspect that it's water retention and I'm closer to 166. But still good, honestly - I'm really happy with my progress the last 4 weeks. 9 pounds in 4 weeks is excellent.

that's pretty awesome! you're on the right track!
  • bkyoun
    bkyoun Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Today: 300.8
    10/26: 292.8

SW: 300.8
    Today: 286.0
    TL: 14.8 lbs
  • SlytherinPrefect
    Options