Workout Routine??

Options
I do have and use my gym membership 5 days a week.. I am down nearly 60 lbs since February, but I need help in coming up with a workout routine.. I have always done the treadmill and elliptical, but want to start doing other things for weight loss. Any suggestions??Websites?

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    great job on your loss!!!!

weightlifting, there are lots of groups and threads on it, talk to a trainer at your gym and they can make you a workout plan and run you through all the exercises

swimming is pretty fun and different for another type of cardio

yoga, pilaties, cycle, try some classes; I hear zumba is fun, go outside to run it is wayyy more fun! There are tons of options

do you have a specific goal or something in mind to gain from your routine?
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I do have and use my gym membership 5 days a week.. I am down nearly 60 lbs since February, but I need help in coming up with a workout routine.. I have always done the treadmill and elliptical, but want to start doing other things for weight loss. Any suggestions??Websites?
    Congrats on the weight loss! 60 lbs. since February is awesome.

Like the above commenter said, have you considered adding some resistance training into your fitness program? Resistance training has a lot of benefits (building lean muscle, strengthening connective tissue and bones, minimizing loose skin issues, etc.). It doesn't have quite the caloric burn that cardio exercises have, but building muscle will help you burn more calories when in a state of non-activity.
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Weights. I use the machines some like free weights. I try to lift as heavy as I can to build muscle. I would try some.sort of weight.or resistance training. Hike the trails. Weather should be getting nicer take it outside. ;)
  • mshannon1125
    Options
    Thanks everyone...
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    What about trying the rowing machine gives an all over workout and you can get a tailored weight loss routine here for free.

http://therowingcompany.com/weightloss/interactive