Hello Everyone!

SurferGirl
SurferGirl Posts: 6
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi,

I'm new and thought I'd say 'howdy'!

I'm really ready to lose those extra pounds and think this place is just what I need to help me stay on track and meet my goals. Yay!

I'm 51 and, after a neck injury about 3 years ago, have found the lack of mobility and pain management issues contributed to piling on pounds. Anyone else know what I mean? :sad:

So, now that I'm feeling pretty good, I'm getting more active and it's time to get back to feeling good about my weight. My goal is to lose about 40 pounds. I know I can do it.

Any thoughts or support will be welcome. If I can share or offer anything, I'll love to do it. Communities like this are priceless and I thank you all in advance for being part of a group like this that gives folks like me a real good feeling about making our goals happen!

:happy:

Replies

• Hi,

I'm new and thought I'd say 'howdy'!

I'm really ready to lose those extra pounds and think this place is just what I need to help me stay on track and meet my goals. Yay!

I'm 51 and, after a neck injury about 3 years ago, have found the lack of mobility and pain management issues contributed to piling on pounds. Anyone else know what I mean? :sad:

So, now that I'm feeling pretty good, I'm getting more active and it's time to get back to feeling good about my weight. My goal is to lose about 40 pounds. I know I can do it.

Any thoughts or support will be welcome. If I can share or offer anything, I'll love to do it. Communities like this are priceless and I thank you all in advance for being part of a group like this that gives folks like me a real good feeling about making our goals happen!

:happy:
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Welcome. You will be suprised at the support that you can get here. If you have a question just post it will be answered. We are all here to support each other. Good luck. :smile:
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    Howdy howdy.

Do I hear a Texas accent in there some where...? Welcome to MFP and sure it will help you as much as it is helping me.
  • Thanks guys!

No Texan... California girl. Central coast now, but have 10 years in the high Sierra. Every once in a while that friendly-cowboy slang slips out! My sister lives on a ranch in Idaho... she's always refreshing my 'cowbow-isms'

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    welcome :flowerforyou:
  • :flowerforyou:

You guys are great!
This discussion has been closed.