What do you do for MOTIVATION???(: to keep going.

Options
2»

Replies

• Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Look in the mirror/old photo's..
    Desperately wanting to get into my old jeans.
  • Nikachelle
    Nikachelle Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I mostly do it all for myself to see how strong I'll become.

But I do like eye candy/inspirational posts, so I visit Funeral For My Fat on a daily basis: http://funeralformyfat.tumblr.com/
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Seeing those cute Korean girls and thinking "I'll never be Korean...but maybe one day I can be skinny too."
  • dobfankris
    Options
    Desperately wanting to get into my old jeans.

I admit, this is a big driver for me too - but more than that, once I got started I was "hooked" - the amp I feel before my long run, or after a great session on weights, became my carrot. I still get frustrated when the scale and I disagree, or on the days my diet slides, but at the end of the week I keep at it because I love the way it makes me feel.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    my favorite jeans :heart:

But seriously, I have family members with health issues caused mainly by being overweight. I like being healthy, so that motivates me.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I like to look at pictures, because when I look in the mirror, I don't really see what others see. But when I see pictures of myself, I think, "Whoa - is that really ME???"
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I think about the alternative. If I gave up a year and a half ago where would I be now. The same applies.
  • 271lisa
    271lisa Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My motivation...the vision I have of how I will look and feel when I get there.

What keeps me going...the music on my ipod!!! :)

Oh and all my friends on mfp!!!
  • onelove100911
    Options
    To mi it doesn't matter the time it took you to lose the weight I'm just happy that you had dedication nd did it !!(:
  • pieee3
    Options
    My motivation is girls. Thats about it....
  • Jenifer_Duron
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    You just need to follow some little things in your life to stay motivated and happy:
    1. Set a Goal.
    2. Remind yourself daily.
    3. Set a deadline for yourself to your goal.
    4. Check daily where you're or how much space is left between you and your goal.
    5. Appreciate yourself.
    6. Do what you love.
    7. Spend some time with people who makes you happy.
    8. Spend some time with yourself too (read or watch success stories often, think about being creative with your goal and have fun)
    9. Eat healthy and enjoy it.
    10. If someone comment on you negatively think about that once whether you made some mistake or not. If you did, fix it. If you didn't, just ignore them and go ahead.
    11. Don't let anyone judge you, and if they do, let them do. Hurdle arises, keep moving forward.
    12. Congrats! You've finally achieved what you wanted. :)
    13. Reward yourself. Feel Proud.
    14. Set another goal.
    15. Repeat.....
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    it started with sports, then moved to bodybuilding... now it is really just routine and lifestyle...I just honestly couldnt imagine living an unhealthy life
This discussion has been closed.