How many pounds does it take?

Options
How many pounds do you have to lose to get down a pants size?

Replies

• Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    It varies from person to person.. but for me it's been about every 15-20 pounds. I'm 5'6.
  • littleluvbug
    littleluvbug Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    There is no magic number, sorry!! It's all in where your weight comes off from, and it'll happen all the sudden too, I always have a pair of jeans in the next smallest size and try it on every few weeks to see how close I'm getting, one of those times you'll be amazed that they fit all the sudden!
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    It took me about 20, but everybody is shaped differently. :smile:
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    for me its about 10 they make cothes sizes all differnt know days i"m bad about not trying my cothes on so when i would go buy pants i knew i wore a size 7 so i pick me up two or three pairs when i put tham on they all fit differnt
  • vineas
    vineas Posts: 84
    Options
    For me, it was 25 lbs for the first size, and it seems like it will be about the same for the next size down as well (not quite there yet, but close).
  • luly727
    luly727 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I think it is differant for everyone..i dont know what size i was in when I started this MFP cuz I hadnt bought clothes in a long time. I wore baggy stretchy dollar store shorts and baggy XL Tshirts 95% of the time. I only had one pair of jeans that were a 16 but stretchy kind.
    I have lost 36 lbs so far and was now able to get into a pair of jeans given as a gift over 2 yrs ago. They are regular non stretchy jeans and a size 14. and now they fit and are kinda baggy in the crouch area, waist is fine,not tight at all..so thats just me. Most of my fat is in my midsection :( and they say thats the last to go :(:(
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking 20 lbs for me. I lost 10 lbs so far, but not a lot were my pants fit. I'm almost in a Medium top and have been a large for years. So I'm hoping the next 10 will do it for me.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    It actually becomes less weight as you go down sizes. I started at a tight size 16 and 215 pounds. I was wearing those size 16s until about 185 pounds. But I've been able to wear a 12 starting around 175ish pounds. And now I'm 167 and I'm getting close to needing a size 10. So it's gotten less and less for each size. Biggest sizes have larger differences in measurements, so a size 16 has a waist 2" larger than a 14, but a size 10 might only have a waist 1" larger than an 8. It's not an exact science, but it does speed up as you shrink :D Be prepared to invest in several sizes of clothes.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Well it's probably different for men, but I find that I lose an inch for every 10 pounds pretty consistently. So I need to lose 20 pounds to go down a pant size.
  • metizzy2
    metizzy2 Posts: 122
    Options
    I lose inches before I lose weight, and by losing inches, I am able to fit into smaller size clothing. I now have a 29.5 in. waist...and can fit into a size 7 or a 9, just depends on the style and name brand of the clothes. Tommy Hilfilger clothes run big so I can fit in a smaller size, compared to other designers.
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    It can be a lot different for everyone. For me going down a pant size is 5-8 pounds.
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    It varies from person to person.. but for me it's been about every 15-20 pounds. I'm 5'6.

Me too!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    This probably doesn't help much, but I've lost 92 pounds. I started at a size 24, and I am down to a size 10 right now. Doing the math 92/7=13ish pounds. :smile:
  • BrittanyAS85
    Options
    Does my fitness pal show just every 7 days how many lbs you've lost? I weighed myself and lost 4 lbs but its not showing up on my little scale?
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    16 to 14 20lbs
    14 to 12 about 15lbs
    12 to 10 around 12lbs

Mine seemed to decrease with every size:)