22 yrs old and no one to hold me accountable

Options
I'm new to this site. Only been here less than a week. I got it as an app on my phone because of my friends who were doing it. I'm currently 265lbs and 5'11". At least I think I'm 265. I don't own a scale (which is bad, I know) so I'm basing it off of what my doctor said a few weeks ago. Basically I am looking for people similar to me, or totally different really I dont care. I just need people to hold me accountable and be encouraging. My friends have already fallen off and quit using the app. The sad thing is that I can't get to the community on the app and due to moving I am currently out of internet temporarily so I would have to rely on messages solely.
I'm looking to lose 90-100lbs total. I hope that's a healthy weight. That's what it said on all the charts I read. I realize I'm a tall girl and I'll never be a size 0. I just want to look good again and not feel ashamed of myself and my body. I have hated myself for a very long time. I suffer from depression and severe anxiety. As a child I had asthma, which restricted my activity level. As I got older I got rid of the asthma but never got active. Now I wantto change. I have tried diets and workout videos. I always lose my motivation when I don't see any results and quit.
I am getting married next year and I want to be sexy and confident in my wedding dress, not fat and self conscious the entire time. I want to enjoy my wedding day and not hate looking at myself in the mirror. So I am really cracking dow on it. I want to change my life 100%, but with a super skinny and muscly fiancee who eats like a pig and never exercises (lucky!) I have no moral support. No one I know understands where I'm coming from.

So, friends?

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    FR sent!
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hi -
    Friend request sent -
    Im opposite of you in that I am a shorty.. :) I however do not own a scale - i refuse - and I am bipolar (type 2) -
    I absolutely love the community here and have made some great friends. All my friends local friends that have used it are not aware of the community or making friends - It has helped me tremendously - sure to be held accountable but also because the people here know what your going thru - I have my measurements done once a month at my gym and I am down three more inches - I would never share that on facebook because some of my friends would either say
    "oh you dont need to lose" or would see it as bragging or whatever - but here on MFP - i can share and not worry about negative comments...

Anyhow good luck to you in your journey!!!
  • rlzwakenberg
    rlzwakenberg Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I need a good support net. My friends are the same it's always "Oh hush, you're beautiful like you are" and stuff. I'm excited for changing my life. I have dedicated an area in my kitchen with a dry erase board towards weight loss and my rules and goals. I have all sorts of inspirational pictures hung up there as well. I'm hoping that if I keep making myself excited for it, it'll get a little easier.
    I have to imagine going into this with a "can-do" attitude makes it easier than my usual "ill-never-be-able-to-do-that-because-i-always-suck-at-everything" attitude.

So even when I'm not excited about walking/ working out, I tell myself that I can't wait for it all day while I'm at work. By the time I get home I think I've actually fooled myself into being excited about it! Haha!
  • MacroMiranda
    MacroMiranda Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 23, 5'6", started at 235, and have lost about 39 pounds so far. MFP has made all the difference, so best of luck! I'll send a request.
  • RafTFitness
    Options
    I'm 24. I started in January at 284.4lbs and as of 2 days ago, I'm at 220.8. I'm currently doing Focus T25 and I'm on Week 1 Day 3. I already hit my goal weight but I'm setting myself another goal just to have something to look forward to. My goal is to be 195-200 so just 20-25 more pounds. Hit me up if you're in need of encouragement and support. Everyone else feel free to add me if you're looking for the same thing as well.