New OCTOBER Challenge: NO TREATS!

Options
For those of you looking to lose weight, challenge yourself this October with a "NO TREATS" month-long goal!

You can choose one particular treat that you've been struggling to quit or you can choose to not eat anything that remotely resembles a treat - make it as general or specific as you'd like!

If you'd like to join this challenge, please reply and I will then post a link to the group so we can join and support each other this month with our NO TREAT CHALLENGE!
Challenge begins October 1st and ends Nov 1st.

EDIT:

Ok so my username IS hilarious for this post, I know! (its a parks & rec reference)
Anyway, this is the group I created for those who want to participate.
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/16762--no-treats-october-challenge

This is not meant to shame anyone who enjoys eating sweets as part of their diet plan. I agree that sweets can definitely fit into a healthy eating plan! However, I am looking to quit some specific food habits (donuts, for example) and will be challenging myself not to eat them for an entire month.
If you have a treat that you are trying to quit eating, this could be a fun challenge for you as well!

Replies

• zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Treats are good.
    IIFIYM.
    That is all.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm sorry but this challenge is really hilarious with your name :p
  • BMH227
    BMH227 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to the forums and I saw the topic name and just had to join in!

I really, really need something like this to get me kickstarted (again) - and I'll be going for zero treats if I can! :D
  • snejkaxo
    snejkaxo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Cool! I´m looking for ways to shake things up, and this sounds like fun. I´m in!
  • Leah_Brooke
    Leah_Brooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    NO SODA .
  • gojodster
    gojodster Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm so in, if I can make it to Halloween I will be sooo happy! no Soda or deserts. looking forward to the challenge.
  • Getawayfromthecake
    Options

haha very true
  • TreetYoSelf
    Options

Yes, i know!
    Have you seen the episode of Parks & Rec where it's "treat yoself day?" Also, i love treats, thus my desire to quit them for a month!:wink:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    As mentioned, one is better of trying to learn how to portion treats than to abstain from them. Abstaining only wants you to crave them more. Treats aren't bad in moderation..............................overconsumption is the issue. And that's what should be addressed.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • TreetYoSelf
    Options
    Ok so my username IS hilarious for this post, I know!
    Anyway, this is the group I created for those who want to participate.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/16762--no-treats-october-challenge

This is not meant to shame anyone who enjoys eating sweets as part of their diet plan. I agree that sweets can definitely fit into a healthy eating plan! However, I am looking to quit some specific food habits (donuts, for example) and will be challenging myself not to eat them for an entire month.
    If you have a treat that you are trying to quit eating, this could be a fun challenge for you as well!
  • BrendaS03
    BrendaS03 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Zero treats in the same month as Halloween?? lol I can rock this,,, until October 31st! :laugh:
  • Tashac17
    Options
    This is going to be hard, as I'm a snacker, however my journey to weight starts on the 1st October, so count me in ????????????
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    You mean...no Halloween candy?!? :noway:
  • mira2602
    mira2602 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Well, I am in as I am sugar addict. Need to get rid of this nasty addiction.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a particular treat that I eat a lot. Soda would probably be one thing that would be hard to give up for a whole month. I usually have 2 or 3 a week. I will really try not having one all October. Wish me luck:-)
  • vnatural
    Options
    NO SODA .

Soda, to me, is like what alcohol is to some people with serious problems. I'll go a month just drinking water then as soon as I have the smallest taste of soda...I can't stop myself I just drink after drink after drink. I remember one day (years ago) I went the whle day just drinking soda, no food at all. I mean, I don't think people know how serious soda and fizz can become a problem lol.

But ANYWAY lol...no soda, no candy and no hmmmm...fast food for me.