Another Post-Insanity Question (two of 'em, in fact)

Options
I completed Insanity two weeks ago and will be running through Insanity for a second round. Looking ahead, I have two questions:

1) My first question is whether I should start my second round of Insanity with the Month 1-Recovery Week-Month 2 schedule again, or does it make more sense to go with two rounds of Month 2 including a Recovery Week between? (I enjoyed the burn of Month 2 more than Month 1—sick, I know.)

2) Following this second round, I’d like to mix it up a bit more with one of the other Beach Body workouts. As with many Insanity grads, I’m interested in P90x, but I’m not crazy about the time commitment—I missed my train enough times with Insanity’s Month 2. I’ve not completed P90x. I know that this December an “accelerated” version of the program, called P90x3, will become available that’s supposed to cut time without cutting progress (an average of 30 min per workout). But then, there’s the Insanity Asylum option, too, with shorter average workouts than Insanity’s Month 2 regimen. What makes more sense? The p90x3 thing, or the Insanity Asylum thing? Or something else...

Obviously, it’ll all come down to what I want to do with myself using these workouts, but I’m curious as to how my peers have made these decisions and what they ultimately decided.

Replies

• Satoris
    Satoris Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Nothing? Sniff sniff... :sad:
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Me personally?? I would start over from the beginning, do it all over again just like the first round. That being said I'm not sure I could do another round, I would get bored too easily I think. After I finished Insanity I did the C25K and now have moved on to 10k training. I got bit by the running bug pretty hard.

Might I suggest doing a hybrid instead of repeating Insanity all over again. They have a schedule for Insanity/(pretty much any other BB program) or you could just make your own.

Sorry if I wasn't much help. But like I said, me personally.