Do you work out when you are having period?

Options
Some people told me it's bad for your health. Is it true?

Replies

• ajlandon
    ajlandon Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yes. Your uterus will fall out and you will grow thick, luxurious chest hair.

Just not really. Exercising during your period is fine, and can even alleviate some symptoms of PMS.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a load of bull-ploppers. I work out on my period. It helps with cramps for me.
  • YoBecca
    YoBecca Posts: 167
    Options
    Yes, I do.
    No, it isn't.
    Anything else?
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    No. Like I've said before, I just sit in the menstrual hut until i am no longer unclean.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I didn't exercise with my period for the longest time but my period was super heavy and basically I couldn't function for four days, standing up, I'd bleed through. I had a medical procedure and now, it's the most awesome thing, exercise isn't an issue!

So, if you truly can't, see your doctor. It shouldn't be that way.
  • DriRose
    DriRose Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I didn't use till because I would feel really gross, but now I suck it up and it actually helps alleviate cramps immensely, I used to get them severely to the point I would just lay down all day till it stopped but now I barely have any if I stay active.
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Yup I work out harder during TOM. It's on now but this my first week working out since a knee injury so I haven't gone balls to the wall yet lol
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do.
    No, it isn't.
    Anything else?

This.
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I don't work out when I'm not on my period so no need to work out while I am :laugh:
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Some people told me it's bad for your health. Is it true?

People are going to tell you all sorts of rubbish all your life long, and you are going to have to rely on your own common sense to get you through. Always run what people say through a 'oh yeah? how come' monitor and if they fail that test, don't take on what they say. Where I come from we make a point of telling outrageous lies in response to silly questions, on the basis that the people hearing them need to learn to use their own brain.

If you've had a prolapsed uterus that they had to shove back in and sew up with twine, don't exercise at all. If you have nightmares that remind you of monsoon season crashing down and that is exacerbated by exercise, do not exercise. If you've had five miscarriages and you're pregnant again, do not exercise.

It's all common sense based upon the factors you yourself are coming up against in your personal life.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    mstom.jpeg
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    mstom.jpeg

Hi TOM! When do you like to exercise?!
  • lexibelk
    lexibelk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    No. Like I've said before, I just sit in the menstrual hut until i am no longer unclean.

THERE'S A HUT???

Why didn't I get this TOM newsletter? :sad:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    This sounds like something you heard from the chicks smoking behind the gym while you were supposed to be running the mile. They always share wisdom like this.
  • ravegee
    ravegee Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Yeah I sure do.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    creepy-tom-cruise-animated-gifs-4.gif
  • livincleanly27
    Options
    yes but not intense workout. I usually just walk or bike slowly. I used to workout intensely on my cycle and it would prolong the cycle for the whole week. When i don't workout or just exercise lightly, my cycle is gone in 3-4days which i prefer!
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I hide under my blankets sobbing into a pint of Ben and Jerrys.:sad:

Not. Of course I exercise! Why would you not? It helps cramps.
  • WinwillLose
    Options
    Don't let you menses be another excuse. It should not stop you! Whoever is giving you that advice should be ignored. Consult you doctor in the future.
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    mstom.jpeg
    ROFLMAO:drinker: