Net Calories

Options
Do I really need to eat all of my NET calories that MFP suggest?. It seems like it is ALOT of calories and I would have to do a whole lot of adjusting to add back that many calories per day.

There have been a couple of days where I kind of went overboard on the eating, but for the most part, I net less than 1200 due to exercise.. and.. I am NOT losing weight anymore. The inches are coming off, but not the weight.

Suggestions please?

Replies

• RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    You answered your own question. If inches are coming off you are losing fat. Not everything depends on the scale.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    how accurate are your calorie burns? It's just that MPF overestimates the calories and I was under the impression that anything bar a hrm with chest strap will overestimate the cals burned.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    HRM also overestimate. They do not take into account if you had coffee, are dehydrated, or listening to an awesome song.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Yes, you do. Only exception would be is if you are overestimating your exercise calories burned. Then I'd adjust accordingly.
  • nmiller0813
    Options
    the calories that MFP states I burn for ZUMBA are very similar to the calories that endomondo calculates for me, but I don't eat back ALL of the calories either way. Just not sure how much leeway I need to give myself.