jillian michaels???

Options

Replies

• RavenNevermore15
    RavenNevermore15 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oh man, 30 Day Shred is killer! Sometimes I'll pop it in to change things up and Jillian STILL whoops my butt!! I started my weight loss journey with this DVD so I have a soft spot for it. If you stay committed to it, you really will see results. Keep a sheet to track what weights and how many reps you started with. Then push yourself a little more each week, you'll be amazed! :)

I really like her 'No More Trouble Zones' DVD. It lets you customize specific areas you want to work on, or you can do the entire DVD if you want. I like the options you get from it. I also have her 'Killer Buns & Thighs'...I STILL have yet to make it through Level One without pausing or thinking I was going to die. LOL she is wonderful. I tried one of her kettle bell workouts once, it was pretty effective!

Keep up the good work!!!!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    the biggest loser cardio max - but you CAN do Jillian, just do it at your own pace - eventually you WILL get there!
  • michybeans
    Options
    I huff and puff and sweat all over the place! But I already notice myself improving, so just stick with it, do as much as you can the best you can, and you will get better, stronger and lose weight/inches. My goal is always to just make it through the dvd. Sometimes I wish I could put more effort in for the exercises but my body just won't... but that's ok, with every time I do it I get stronger and better and my goal is to eventually be able to do the whole thing just like the girls in the background. :)

It's tough, but that's why it works! I plan to buy all her DVDs, she is great. And by great I mean it's like torture, but it's all good and good for you. :)

Keep up the awesome work!!
  • alisha_1983
    alisha_1983 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I started out with 30 day shred...it kicked my *kitten*. like, I couldn't even do 20 seconds of jumping jacks without feeling like I was gonna vomit. it got better tho...I kept at it, and learned that my body was capable of being incredibly strong! I am a total believer in everything JM does...I have done many of her videos, and recommend them to anyone wanting to workout at home. You can totally do it...just start out at ur own pace, and keep at it. You will be kicking *kitten* in no time :)
  • mag131
    mag131 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! As Jillian will remind you in almost all of her DVDs, you are capable of a lot more than you give yourself credit for, and change won't come from staying comfortable.

Push yourself. Don't push so hard you injure yourself, but push past what you think you're capable of. A lot of it is your mind telling you it's too hard when your body could actually keep going.

And don't feel bad if you have to do the modified moves or go slower than the girls in the video at first. Keep at it, be consistent, give 110% and you'll get there sooner than you think.
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's worth it. I haven't tried Ripped in 30, but I did do Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred. It took me alittle over 30 days to complete it but I lost 19 pounds. I would recommend her DVDs if your first starting out.
  • cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    yup so worth it - hang in there!
    On the morning of day 2 I was so sore I fell out of bed rather than stand!
    BUT since then I completed 30DS 3 times and RI30 twice - and I found little abs I never knew I had.
    Admittedly I have lapsed this summer but I can see them coming back now after just a week of re-Ripping.
    Seriously rewarding when you do get through it.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    really interesting. bump to read later.
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Quick question.

How much space do you need to do 30DS?
  • EvilFeevil
    EvilFeevil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This is more of my own experience than an answer to the original question, just because it's about Jillian.

I did about 24 days of 30DS and I liked Level 1, Level 2 was okay (except for the skaters) but Level 3 I didn't like, not because parts were harder but because of the jump training, I just didn't enjoy it at all. I haven't done any exercise in about a month or more and feel that I will go back to exercising at some point. What if I go back to 30DS but only do level 1, (the Natalie way, AKA "not for beginners" way), that should still be better than nothing, right? (Kind of a rhetorical question.)

I feel that I'm an adult and shouldn't have to do certain things that I don't want to do, like jump training, but I bought the DVD, a mat, and hand weights and want to stick to it (exercise in general, not necessarily Jillian). I'm wondering if I would enjoy a dance workout more than a workout routine like 30DS. This is a suggestion I guess I'm throwing out there to others. If you're really out of shape, any exercise is going to kick your butt, but I believe in at least finding a routine that I enjoy, even if it's just walking or cycling.

(Unfortunately, I will probably never see any responses to my post unless there's a way for the site to notify me if I get quoted...?)
  • shaydon80
    shaydon80 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Honestly I hate Jillian's workouts. I find them so jarring and irritating. I prefer a workout that is more invigorating. I like cheesy aerobics like Kathy Smith's old Weight Loss Workout or even better, anything Ellen Barrett. I started out with crunch: Burn & Firm Pilates. You don't feel like you're going to pass out and die but you get a good sweat going and you get results. Maybe not as fast as with Jillian's stuff, but because it's not such torture you're more likely to stick with it.

Good luck :)
  • EvilFeevil
    EvilFeevil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Quick question.

I like in a mobile home and I can do it in my living room, which is small, as I'm sure you can imagine. The Level 2 skaters take up the most space but I do the best I can with what I have.
  • jljewell
    jljewell Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way about the jump training (although it was mostly my knees that couldn't hack it), so I took the exercises I found best from 30DS and made them into my own routine. It appears to be working, and I still get a good workout from it. I also don't have to listen to Jillian while doing it.
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I have most of JM's DVDs. I use them more in the winter, but generally hate exercise DVDs. With any, you can do them at your own pace. Just because she does (or her friends do) 20 squats, doesn't mean you have to. If you can only do 5, do 5. You'll be doing more than if you were sitting on the couch. And you can always pause the DVD to take a breather or get a sip of water.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    She's very good and very tough. She is worth it but may I suggest a lower key workout doe a newbie? I found her target zones DVD and metabolism boost DVD to be much easier.
  • lavi73
    lavi73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels is definately good, but if you're just getting into the workout stage, why not try something that won't make you cry. Have you tried the Leslie Sansone walking videos? Check them out on youtube. I like the 5 mile fat burn walk and it burns 400-500 cals for me. There are so many levels... there is a two mile walk, there's a beginners and advanced. honestly, if you can walk, you can do this and at your own pace and you won't cry. I really encourage you to start with this or something less vigorous. Build your stamina and your confidence.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh yea Jillian is amazing I'm doing her 30 day shred!! I swear by her
  • missmcal23
    missmcal23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    wow, thanks everyone for all the responses!!!!

I am going to stick with it! Even if it does feel like tourture! I have done more exercise today than i have in a long time. I may have stopped a couple of times and didnt make it all the way through..but its a start. I tried the kickstart fast fix too ..again didnt make it all the way though, but it was definately alot more fun. :) i think im going to have to incorporate something fun like i dont know zumba somewhere in it too..just to mix it up...but for now i think i will just stick to working on my general fitness.

thank you everyone again :)
  • lavi73
    Options
    not much. Just the area of a yoga mat should be good.
  • lavi73
    Options
    Quick question.

not much. Just the area of a yoga mat should be good.
This discussion has been closed.