weigh day

Im wondering what day you log your weight? I have been doing Monday thinking it would keep me more accountable. Most times it does. This past weekend I went to a wedding and had a family day away from home and wasn't overly careful with what I ate. I logged anyway of course. However my weekends are not structured like my week is. I always feel so bloated on Monday, woudl it be wrong to log my weight on Fridays?

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I weigh everyday. Sometimes several times. If I pass a scale, I usually step on it. Even those scales in the drug stores. Because I'm working on those dreaded last 10 lbs, I only log losses, and only if it shows consistently for a week (I don't log the little fluctuations).

But I would never have chosen Monday as my weigh in day. I eat and drink a lot more on the weekends so I'm always a little heavier on Monday.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    As long as you are consistent, it shouldn't matter. If you want to move to Friday, go for it.
  • GoRun2
    GoRun2 Posts: 448 Member
    i weigh everyday fitst thing in the am after peeing and in the nude. I record the lowest weight f the week.

I go out to eat on weekends and then retain water due to the salt even if I stay on plan calorie wise.

Weighing everyday helps me form a habit and mentally reminds me to plan what //i eat for the day.

Picking the lowest weight of the week is a little mental boost for me. (as opposed to the avg or a particular day).

I have lost 26 lbs with 4 more to go. this method works for me.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    I weigh every day and record my weight loss on Friday's if I have one. I have weekends off and I think Friday mornings gives me a better average weight for the week. I also use that week to work harder if I indulged on the weekend
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    I weigh everyday and log on Mondays. Doesn't really matter as long as you are consistent.