Pedometer

Options
Anyone use a pedometer? I was thinking of getting one because since I work at desk job, I think I'm really unaware about how much I sit each day. I go to the gym 4-5x per week but I want to be mindful of daily activity too. Any recommendations on brands/models? I don't know if I need something like a fitbit, etc. Thanks in advance for your input!

Replies

• Lemongrab1
    Lemongrab1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I thought this was like a Law & Order: SVU inspired post.
    "On a rating of 1-10, he scored 8.1 on the pedometer! Definite predator is definite."
  • morning_joy
    morning_joy Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I use a FitBit which I love. I use to use just a pedometer and that really helped me get going with my activity but I love the FitBit because it ties in with so many APPS. It integrates with MFP and GymPact. It was amazing to me how few steps I took when I started. I also worked 8-10 hours at a computer and found that my daily step totals were around 2,000. After a month with a pedometer, I was up to 5,000. Now I average at least 10,000 and on a good day, I pass up 16,000 after my workout in the morning.
  • carberrie
    carberrie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Yeah, I fear I'm in the 2000's as well! I hardly move around at all. Do you think it has helped with your weight loss?