How often do you do over your calorie budget?

Options
2»

Replies

• tbullucks06
    Options
    I start everyday with the goal of staying in my limits. Some days I make it, some days I don't.

I've not been doing so well recently but I'm still trying!
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Hardly ever. I don't use MFP recommendations though.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    *shrug* all the time.
  • andrewj87
    Options
    Surprisingly I've been doing a good job at keeping within my limit so far. Except I just went overboard at lunch so I've got 110 calories left for the day. Damn it..
  • mrmartoon
    mrmartoon Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I am over but for the most part I try and stay under. Hey! Life happens. I try and be under for the week.
  • RosellenK
    RosellenK Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, several times per week. But the system has me on a 1200 calorie budget and I just can't do that comfortably.
    It forces me to work out every day so I have about 300 extra calories to work with. Still evenings and weekends with drinking and snacking always blows it.

I used to skip logging on those days, but have since gotten honest and log any way. Another thing I'm doing differently is really trying to drink 8 glasses a water per day. It works and I lose weight when I'm faithful logging.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Twice a month, I go over by 3,500 on either Friday night or Saturday night. It feels so good, so good. :drinker:
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I don't. I'm afraid that if I go over just one day, that will send me into a downward spiral.l I'm happier being under.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I am proud to say I have not been over my calories for over a month! Of course, I've been burning well over 3500 calories a week! And this being said I did reset my MFP calculator to only lose 0.5 lb per week instead of the 1 lb a week. I changed my goal last week because I only have about 8-10 lbs to lose and I would rather build a little muscle with that
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I don't pay attention to how often. Sometimes I'm a little over, sometimes a little under. It is not important to me. I always eat healthy foods & never go way over or way under so it evens out. I'm doing great burning the fat off.

Calories are not an exact or accurate science anyway.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Never really. I don't focus on 'calories' because on this site people obviously don't know their quantities. I just rather focus on macros.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Once in a while, but I really don't care as I'm under most days.
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    hmmmm very rarely... maybe once a month? It really depends on how many 'holidays' there are in the month.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Almost once a week. :sad:

Seriously? Almost once a week?

If that's it, then you have nothing to cry about. Just hit your goals at least 90% of the time and you'll be fine.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I go over frequently but that's not what's important. What's important is the amount we go over. Better to go over by 300 calories twice a week than to go over only one day a week by 1,200 calories.

The labels are at best accurate to within 10+/- percent so with a 2,000 calorie daily budget, I don't count it as under or over unless it's less than 1,800 or more than 2,200. Tracking is the centerpiece of my plan to maintain, which I've been doing since May of last year, but it is all an extremely rough estimate.