name the top 5 ways you have broken a plateau

Options
We have all been there;That ever annoying moment when the scale does not move. I am going to list the top 5 ways I have broken a plateau and I hope you all can share some tips, too.
1. Drink more water.
2. Eat clean.
3. Be patient.
4. Incorporate more weight lifting.
5. Remember how far you have come.

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I have just 1. I started eating less. Boom, plateau over once I stopped eating at what was maintenance for me (not based on a calculator-based on intake vs results).
  • elmanre
    Options
    I was stock on a plateu, and I started to eat more for 1 or 2 months, started to diet again and it is working, remember if you hit a plateu it is because you are eating too much under your goal deficit.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I was stock on a plateu, and I started to eat more for 1 or 2 months, started to diet again and it is working, remember if you hit a plateu it is because you are eating too much under your goal deficit.

Or you're eating too much and are at maintenance. Works both ways.
  • talisamb
    talisamb Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Ate at maintenance for a few weeks, went back to cutting
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Just one....added weight lifting to my workout routine.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    1. Log accurately
    2. Weigh ALL the food
    3. Yes even the handful of salted peanuts and the sneaky Mars bar
    4. Log EVERYTHING
    5. Never leave any morsel ingested unlogged. Not no way, not no how.

:bigsmile:
  • septembergrrl
    septembergrrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Posting here to save this ... my scale hasn't really budged since early September and it is getting frustrating. (I know, I know, I have three weeks to go before it's an "official" plateau.)
  • lessofme43
    lessofme43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    What qualifies as a plateau? I find that I consistently stay at a # for 10 - 14 days and then drop 1.5 - 2 lbs in a day or two and repeat (Pretty much my entire 23 lbs has been lost that way) looking over my reports, it's when I am consistent with my consumption and burning of calories for a few days that this loss happens.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    1) Cut cals
    2) increase intensity (either change up your workouts or add weight/resistance/speed)
  • darharmar
    darharmar Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm Kindof here, but not yet. Clothes continue to get loose, but weight is stubborn. Change up the routine CONSTANTLY. I don't do the same thing ever. Each week I switch it up to keep my body confused. Seeing visual results, as opposed to number ones by now. Which also means you could be very close to the goals? *fingers crossed. High intense workouts go balls out and push your body harder. (not to injury of course) As well, reassessing your goals. Why do you want to lose the weight is it only the number, or are you out to make your body do things that you didn't think possible. I'm amazed at my fitness improvement and I have to keep this in mind when getting frustrated at the scale. Jump Higher, lift heavier, and sweat your tushy off:) and be happy your body can do all that awesome work. Consider doing a PFT monthly just to show yourself it's all worth it. If those numbers don't improve then reassess what you're doing again.
  • cherryblossomrose
    Options
    Jumble everything up so your metabolism gets a little jolt.
    Example - eat only carbs at lunchtime (naughty sponge pudding or the like up to your normal calorie limit for lunch), then just have protein with a green salad for evening meal (up to your usual calorie limit for an evening meal, so in total you are still within limits for the day). do this for a couple of days, and see if the scales move in the right direction for you in the following week ....