I've been here since July 13th

DMK710
DMK710 Posts: 106 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi....I have been on MyFitnessPal since July 13th 2010, just now figuring out how to get around the site and realized that I have not introduced myself here.

I'm 46 y/o. I'm a proud mother of 2 grown children (ages 23 and 20), the proud grandmother of a beautiful 16 month old granddaughter. I have a great son-in-law and my sons girlfriend is wonderful. I have great friends and a beautiful life. I have a chesapeake bay retriever "Jack" and a quaker parrott "Tuppie" and I love them very much too.

I've been an EMT at my local rescue squad for the past 6 years and I truly love the volunteer work of helping others ( for the most part during the worst time of their lives) when they need to call 911.

I put on about 30 lbs during the stress of my divorce. I need to get motivated and stay focused on losing this weight.

Look forward to chatting with you soon.

Darlene

Replies

• Nubyia
    Nubyia Posts: 14 Member
    You can do it! I haven't been that active on the boards but there are a lot of really cool people on the site. I'll mingle soon! Welcome..I've been on a hiatus due to computer issues and relocating...so happy they have the app for my android now..awesome!!
  • DMK710
    DMK710 Posts: 106 Member
    Nubyia.....Glad your back. My daughter told me about this site. I'm really enjoying the accountability of knowing that what I eat.....I'll have to document. If I don't want to have to document.....then I know I don't need to eat or drink it. lol

Good luck and keep in touch.
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Welcome! :) this site is really awesome, with loads of positive people here. :) Hope you succeed in reaching your goals :)
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Hi....I have been on MyFitnessPal since July 13th 2010, just now figuring out how to get around the site and realized that I have not introduced myself here.

I'm 46 y/o. I'm a proud mother of 2 grown children (ages 23 and 20), the proud grandmother of a beautiful 16 month old granddaughter. I have a great son-in-law and my sons girlfriend is wonderful. I have great friends and a beautiful life. I have a chesapeake bay retriever "Jack" and a quaker parrott "Tuppie" and I love them very much too.

I've been an EMT at my local rescue squad for the past 6 years and I truly love the volunteer work of helping others ( for the most part during the worst time of their lives) when they need to call 911.

I put on about 30 lbs during the stress of my divorce. I need to get motivated and stay focused on losing this weight.

Look forward to chatting with you soon.

Darlene

Hi Darlene! Welcome, welcome, welcome!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Welcome!!!
This discussion has been closed.