Contribution to Work Pot-Luck

Options
Good afternoon! I'm looking for a recipe (casserole, dip, dessert, anything really) that I could make and bring to work for a work pot-luck.

I usually do chopped up veggies with hummus, but after doing that countless times of bringing that same thing I'd like to try something different.

It has to be healthy! I always like to bring something that I can have a serving of, too.

Thank you!

Replies

• chargraves
    chargraves Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What about baking a turkey breast or bringing a "healthy" soup or chili or salad? You are probably not the only one in the office who would appreciate an option that is not laden with fat or sugar. (Not that I have anything against either fat or sugar in smaller quantities) :smile: :smile:
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Chili that is mostly vegetables. I make mine with 2 onions, 2 peppers (red and green), 2 carrots, 2 stalks celery, mushrooms (chopped really small), a large can of crushed tomatoes, 3 cans of beans (pinto, kidney and black) and only one pound of meat. And of course oregano, salt and chili powder.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I just made this Rachel Ray pulled bbq chicken recipe the other night and it was AWESOME. I actually subbed the apple cider vinegar with balsamic because I didn't have any ACV (plus I'm a w**** for balsamic anyway), but it is super easy and you could easily make it the day before and reheat it in a crock pot.

http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipe-search/lunch-recipes/pulled-chicken-sandwiches

Oh and I halved the sauce recipe, used a little over a pound of chicken breasts, and calculated the entire pot at just under 1000 calories. Considering I've made 5 or 6 meals out of it I'd say that should fit your 'healthy' qualifier quite nicely.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I like making a pasta salad - whole wheat noodles, lots of veggies of every color (grape tomatoes, broccoli florets, summer squash, orange pepper), low fat/fat free vinagrette and just a tiny bit of cut up turkey pepperoni and shredded cheese to lure in the "no healthy food for me" bunch. Everyone seems to love it!

My semi-healthy pot luck dish is turkey meatballs in the crock pot. It's so easy! Buy a bag of Cooked Perfect brand turkey meatballs, add a small jar of grape jelly and a small jar of chili sauce and let it sit on high for a few hours. Yum!