Which is heavier..scar tissue or healthy tissue??

Options
:happy:

Hi guys. I need help?? Does anyone know if scar tissue weighs heavier than healthy tissue?? I had an abdominalpasty in April and since this time have not lost any weight (well only 2 lbs), even though I am being very good. and treating my body like a temple!! Any advice would be great?

:flowerforyou:

Tx

Replies

• hollymlb
    Options
    Not sure but I had heart surgery in January and was unable to lose any weight until mid April. I also was being very good after surgery, but nothing happened at all until April. It has been steadily coming off ever since though.
  • lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Options
    Perhaps your body is in recovery mode and is holding on to everything to help it get better. I'd give it a month or 2 before worrying about weight loss. Let your body heal first!

I found this, although it concerns hysterectomy it does comment on general surgery too:
    Unfortunately, weight gain takes place after hysterectomy just like it does after most elective, uncomplicated surgeries that don't involve the bowel. During recovery, which averages 6 weeks but really isn't normal until 6 months, most people expend much less calories than when they are not recovering from surgery. With the exception of the first week in which they may lose weight, there is a net weight gain tendency since most people eat at the same rate they were used to before surgery. If you are expending only 350 calories a day less than you were before surgery, you will put on a pound every 10 days -- permanent weight. If this keeps up for 90 days (because you are being careful not to strain much) that is almost 10 lbs.

(http://www.wdxcyber.com/m2hyst.htm)
  • tjbeer
    tjbeer Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    thanks guys that gives me some hope.

:flowerforyou:

Tx