New to site

Options
HI
My name is Lis Quinn, I live in Quesnel BC, Canada. I have been counting calories the manual way for a while. Originally I had lost 44 lbs. but then I went on a trip, and quite a few pounds came back. I am almost back to where I was. but this site will make the process so much esier

Replies

• lisquinn
    Options
    HI
    My name is Lis Quinn, I live in Quesnel BC, Canada. I have been counting calories the manual way for a while. Originally I had lost 44 lbs. but then I went on a trip, and quite a few pounds came back. I am almost back to where I was. but this site will make the process so much esier
  • deb_ge
    deb_ge Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You are right, Lisquinn...it is MUCH easier with this site. And there are so many really nice people here to be a support.

I had a similar situation years ago...I lost 90 pounds in 18 months. Then we moved from Scotland to the USA, with a cut in salary and I could not afford all the 'special' items I was able to purchase in Scotland...plus my regular products I had been using were just not available, and to top it off, we had a wonderful veggie garden in the UK, but lived in a gardenless condo in the US. sigh. It all came back and more, such a heart break.

But, at the age of 50 I am trying again and I am delighted to be on this board. I have lost 11 pounds in 5 weeks. I have a long way to go, but I know I can do it.

You can too. Welcome to the board.

Deb
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    Hi Lis! Welcome to the site!!! Hopefully you will enjoy it as much as a lot of us do! Good Luck!
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome, welcome! I have never tried actual dieting before, so this is all new to me, too. I was pretty bummed. I have been working out for two weeks now and when I weighed myself yesterday, I was a little discouraged because the scale I was using, I had only lost two pounds. I went and bought a new scale last night and to my surprise, I have lost almost ten pounds! I know the scale is right because my daughter got weighed on monday at the doctor's office and the scale is right on! It definitely gives me something to look forward to, and I started taking measurements this week, so I am keeping track of all my progress! I guess the baby steps are paying off!