41lbs gone! 9 more to go.

My journey to a new me started the first week of May...
I'm too excited to wait to post. Once I hit my actual weight loss goal I will add my comparison pics. I started out at a whopping 188.8lbs. If I would have waiting any longer I know I would have hit 200. I'd been really happy about my weight, my body, the way I looked in clothes for a long time, and I always said I would do something about it and then.....nothing. I don't know what happened, but one day it clicked and I have NEVER looked back.
FOOD-
I quit soda cold turkey from having multiple diet fountain sodas a day to only water (some carbonated, some flavored). Gone were the gas station breakfast sandwiches, bags of chips, and candy that would sit at my desk and I would just eat until I thought I would explode. No more fast food for lunch or dinner. Now that I'm a pro at 'counting calories', I don't even want to guess how many calories I used to eat a day. I'm not a clean eater, I'm a portion control eater, and I dont eat the foods that trigger me to binge. I eat the recomeded serving size of things instead of the whole bag, the whole pizza, etc. I also try to get my fruits and veggies in. If I crave something and I'm sure I want it, I will eat it, but again in moderation. I eat between 1200-however many I get from working out.
WORK OUTS-
I jumped on the old treadmill we inherited and just kept going. I tried to do COUCH 2 5K, but I would get bored. So I would run as far as I could and then stop. I tried to go further each week (not caring about how long it took me). My longest run was 5miles. I also recently completed my first 5K in 41 minutes. (The course was around 3.38miles). From May-August was just running. In August I started INSANITY and I'm almost done. I LOVE it and feel it's what helped me do so well (for me) in my 5K. I don't yet know how many lbs/inches I've lost during Insanity, but it's been a great ride.

When I'm finished I will have gone from 188.8 to hopefull 139-140. From a size 14-16 to an 8-10. Have more energy, strength, endurance, and willower.

Right now I'm 147.8 (yes, I do decimals). I'm so proud of myself for finally taking control of my life and committing to this new lifestyle change!:tongue::tongue: :tongue:

Replies

• dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Fantastic!!!! You are awesome!!
  • scot30316
    scot30316 Posts: 169 Member
    Been so happy to see your progress and enthusiasm the 20 days or so I have been on MFP. Proud of you and inspired to reach my goals from hearing of yours. Huzzah
  • revfresh
    revfresh Posts: 13 Member
    That's fan-fricken-tastic. You deserve to be proud. What you have done, and are doing is not easy. I hope to soon be where you are. Just a few pounds from goal. I'm 42 lbs closer now than I was....

WELL DONE!
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Can't wait for the final before and afters. Quitting soda cold turkey might be the hardest thing for me. I admire your will!
  • yay go you, be proud, be happy, be healthy, well done.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    congratulations girl! awesome work.
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    You're exactly where I want to be!
    I'm a 14-16, and want to get down to an 8-10. How long did it take you to lose the weight?
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,033 Member
    Congrats!!! You are such an inspiration!!!
    I started at the same weight and my goal is the same, 140. I'm taking a little longer to get there, and I've been stalled as of late, but I think it may be because I'm a sugar addict. 9/10 I keep to my macros and stay under cals and I work out every single day. But, I'm getting there. You've given me hope!
    Thanks for the post and keep at it!! You'll reach your goal in no time, I'm sure!!
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    in for the pics! pics of it didnt happen! btw congratulations!!
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    I started in May so...5 months?? I'm hoping to be done by November.
  • melissaka7
    You're exactly where I want to be!
    I'm a 14-16, and want to get down to an 8-10. How long did it take you to lose the weight?

I started in May so....5 months? I hope to be done by November.
  • melissaka7
    in for the pics! pics of it didnt happen! btw congratulations!!

I'm not sure if you're being serious about not believe me...but there are pics on my page.
  • sjacobs425
    sjacobs425 Posts: 74 Member
    WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats to you! get the rest off and show us pics. very proud of you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!