Weight is a Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey...When to Weigh Self?

Options

Replies

• TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    You profile pic is the T.A.R.D.I.S. and your ticker pic is Sherlock... I think I love you.

Otherwise, as long as it's consistent, it doesn't really matter. I only do my official weigh-ins at the doctor's office, so that's like every couple months and I can hardly get naked...

Omg I have found my people!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I personally weigh in every morning. I feel it helps me monitor where I am.

Hey, by your ticker, you've obviously been quite successful, so whatever works for you :)

Personally, I want to see the big picture...the body's day-to-day weight within a pound or two is so finicky and based on so many variables, that with my personalitly, I'd go all-out neurotic on the topic.

The way you see the big picture is by smoothing out lots of data. You don't get the big picture by throwing away 86% of the data.
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    well exactly what the second post said. First thing in the morning after you go to the washroom and naked. It's the purest of your weight as you are going to get. However it's all up to you. Whatever you choose, be consistent! If you want to be clothed when you weigh yourself you must realize that your clothing has a weight of its own, depending on fabric and whatnot.
  • Ladydrake12
    Ladydrake12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I think the answer to your question has pretty much been said but Doctor Who and Sherlock = :heart:

YAY for wonderful, British television!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I personally weigh in every morning. I feel it helps me monitor where I am.

Hey, by your ticker, you've obviously been quite successful, so whatever works for you :)

Personally, I want to see the big picture...the body's day-to-day weight within a pound or two is so finicky and based on so many variables, that with my personalitly, I'd go all-out neurotic on the topic.

The way you see the big picture is by smoothing out lots of data. You don't get the big picture by throwing away 86% of the data.

not-aliens-science--22021.png
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I have an official weigh-in once a week. But I also weigh myself every day (not recording). I found myself getting too stressed over the upward bumps. This way, I still see my daily progress, but I also compare it to my weekly #.

But I also weigh-in first thing in the morning like the others said. Too many variables of drinking water, eating, etc. Even when I weigh myself at night before bed, there can be a difference in the overnight drop.
  • romach79
    romach79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Just remember when you weigh in - DON"T BLINK!
  • Purplewaxhand
    Options
    Morning time, naked, after your morning poop.

Same here.
  • sarah456s
    sarah456s Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Well, ya know, some of us don't poop until after breakfast! So I weigh first thing in the morning after my morning pee. :)

But I gave up weighing every day. I am going to always weigh on Fridays. And then once or twice more, on whichever day I feel like seeing what the scale says.
  • LozzaCozza93
    Options
    Yep, on a Friday morning so if you go and get drunk on the weekend and comfort eat your way out of a hangover like I normally do, you can still claw it back in time for the following Friday. Up there for thinking down there for dancing.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options

^^^Lmao^^^ whatever you do! Don't look away, and don't BLINK!!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options

Yup...This. :)
    ditto....and if you're at a weight that is .1 or .0, i try to poop some more lol
    ^^^This^^^
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Great thread title :)

What others have said. Once a week, in the morning, post-"evacuation".
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, because I fluctuate all over the place and don't want my one day a week I weigh to be that one day that my weight jumps up four pounds for seemingly no reason. (In which seemingly no reason = something like sushi and soy sauce.) And Monday is always the highest of the week for me.
  • BOLO4Hagatha
    BOLO4Hagatha Posts: 94 Member
    Options

BLINK! AND YOU GAIN WEIGHT. BUT IF YOU A HAVE SONIC SCREWDRIVER YOU CAN ALWAYS MANIPULATE THE SCALE. OR EXTERMINATE!!!
  • aelphabawest
    aelphabawest Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I run once a week after my long run, before I eat.

(The morning poo has generally not happened, but I understand the reasoning.)
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Is there a best time of day? After any particular activity? With clothes, or without? I'm aiming for weekly weigh-ins, because if I did it every day, I'd drive myself nuts with the day-to-day fluctuations.

50239516.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

There is so much win on this subject line. Yay, Doctor Who!

As for when to weigh, as gross as the image is, that is when I weigh. First thing in the morning, after the bathroom.
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Every morning - first thing. No water, no coffee. And then multiple times during the day - before - after exercise. But i only record the early read. Like others - i don't want to weigh once a week and have that day be the "up" day when others (that i would not have known about) - be down. And believe me - before i started MFP - I would Never get on a scale- not even at the doctors office - i would tell them what i weighed. (of course i guessed - on the lower side)
  • Denise4141
    Options
    Honestly you don't need to weigh ur self at all, the only thing u should be weighing is your food portions. You will know when your jeans are too big...and that's the only time to begin weighing yourself, trust me http://s808.photobucket.com/albums/zz8/Dfallows/?action=view&current=WedFeb24212531PST2010.jpg&evt=user_media_share
  • Caty_power
    Caty_power Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    :laugh: lil more

Yup...This. :)
    ditto....and if you're at a weight that is .1 or .0, i try to poop some more lol