I did it and so can you!

Options
jrkingery
jrkingery Posts: 107 Member
As of this morning's weigh in I've officially met my initial weight loss goal of being 195 lbs by my birthday this year. Best of all I'm exactly one month ahead of schedule to the day! This morning I weighed in at 194 lbs for a total loss of 76 lbs since last November.

I owe my success partly to MFP, the C25K plan, the 28 stories of stairs where I work, and the 30 day shred. But by far I owe my wife the lion's share of credit for her unwavering support of my efforts and the willingness to change her eating habits along with me. Without her constant encouragement I would have long ago given up on ever getting into shape again.

I have since revised my goal down to 180 but this is a major milestone for me and a nice chance to get a little "in your face" time with a couple of my coworkers who were less than supportive. :devil:

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    That is totally awesome. Keep up the great work!
  • laurenmalone
    Options
    Awesome...I am so glad I read your story because I get really discouraged when I do not see instant results....keep up the good work & congrats
  • cherryie
    Options
    Fantastic news and well done!!!!!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! on meeting your goal--and achieving it sooner than you anticipated. Your hard work and dedication paid off big time. Enjoy your success!

Thank you so much for sharing.
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Great job!

Did your wife lose any weight by keeping a healthier household?
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    That's great!! You should be very proud of yourself!!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: So happy for you! Thanks for sharing this....this is a great example that consistancy and commitment are the 2 "Cs" with big payoff! I am doing a happy dance for you! :laugh: Go out and buy a great muscle shirt for yourself...and pick up some flowers for your wife! :heart:
  • traceysturn
    Options
    Nice job! Looked @ your photos & what a transformation! Keep up the good work!!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Good for you, and your wife! It's great that you are doing it together. :flowerforyou:
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Good for you...what an incredible accomplishment and what an awesome committment by you and your wife! I'm finding it extremely hard to lose the last 30 lbs (after losing 104 lbs!) so these types of stories/testimonials give me a lo of encouragement and motivation to keep plowing through. Thank you for sharing your journey with us!
  • jrkingery
    jrkingery Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Great job!

Did your wife lose any weight by keeping a healthier household?

She has, although her goals are much more modest than mine (She wasn't nearly as overweight as I was). We've both made major lifestyle changes for the better.
  • flyingspatulas
    flyingspatulas Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Congratulations!
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Both you and your wife should be very proud!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!