Liquid diet

Options
Has anyone tried a liquid protien diet only, if yes what were the results?

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    No... just no.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Please don't do that. Just watch what you eat and get to enjoy all sorts of delicious foods instead of limiting yourself to a lifestyle of exclusively consuming sludge.
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound very appealing 2 me... I like food! Do u only drink protein?
  • MissLisa29
    Options

Maybe if I had my jaw wired .... otherwise, no.
  • leekanchas
    Options
    Not yet but i know of people using the Adli brand Slim and Trim to loose weight. Just wondering if Whey protien would do the same?
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I tried mixing protein and vodka once, does that count? Afterwards, I'm pretty sure I could hear colours.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

I don't think you can live on just protein, whether it's liquid or solid.
  • leekanchas
    Options
    Sounds good.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Knew someone who did it, they had liquid poop but for some reason they thought that was healthy.
  • _Z3sty_
    _Z3sty_ Posts: 120
    Options
    The only result was in spending more money on toilet paper
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I tried mixing protein and vodka once, does that count? Afterwards, I'm pretty sure I could hear colours.

I want to hear colors..I has vodka and protien at home...(liquid, powder and food form)
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Not protein shakes but slim fast. Did that for about a week and a half. I missed food and decided to just eat the veggies instead of some powdered semblance of their nutrients.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    My sister had to do that because she needed major surgery on her jaw and it was wired shut. She was able to consume nothing but those storebought protein shakes, everyday, 3 or 4 times a day, for 3 months.

She was absolutely miserable.

I don't see why anyone would ever willingly choose to do this.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    was on a liquid diet when I had my wisdom teeth removed and could not ingest anything that involved chewing.

lost 3 lbs in 3 days....had no energy, was very cranky and wanting real food, I don't recommend it at all!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    the whiskey liquid diet rocks!
  • richardositosanchez
    Options
    Stick to counting your calories.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    This one time I broke my jaw in a rugby game. Got it wired shut for 6 weeks. Liquid diet by force. I still haven't had a protein shake since then and it's been 4 years. I also stay away from soups now unless they're wicked chunky. I didn't lose much weight, just had to pee an awful lot more than usual. Oh, and pooping was SO MUCH FUN during that time... said no one ever. Seriously, just eat real, good, solid food in moderation and work out.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I assume the results will be liquidity

but I have no idea

I eat food
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Lapband patients have to go on a liquid diet two weeks prior to their surgery. From what I've heard it is absolutely miserable, but you do lose weight. (But they were eating junkfood prior to the liquid diet and had over 100 lbs. to lose so any healthy change would have probably resulted in a weightloss.)
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    literal-rofl-o.gif