Liquid Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• bowbeforethoraxis
    bowbeforethoraxis Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    One thing I do is I make sure that if I'm drinking, the night includes some sort of physical activity. If a group is just meeting down at a pub for drinks and conversation, I may have one, but stick to diet coke for most of the night. But, if we're going out dancing, or going to a fest and walking around tons or bar hopping all over, I allow myself more drinks and hit the gym longer the next day as well.
  • charmedlife901
    Options
    Not going to lie, I am glad that I was not as health/ calorie conscious when I was your age. Recently when I was with my college friends, at one of their weddings we were talking about how much we used to consume. Probably drinking 6-12 beers plus shots plus terribly unhealthy food after the bars. And we would go out a minimum of 3 nights a week. I am surprised I did not weight 300 + pounds the way I treated my body. Anyways, now that you know the proper way to live a healthy lifestyle I can understand how conflicted you are. Make the choice that you feel good about, just don't let something like counting calories make you miss out on some great times and awesome memories. I'm sure you could still go out and have fun without getting too drunk, or you could always be the awesome friend that volunteers to DD. Good luck, and Have Fun! My college years were some of the best I've had so far.:drinker:

I agree 100%
  • Andrew_peter
    Andrew_peter Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    On the weekends I just eat/drink at maintenance to give myself room for fun. Nets me an extra 750 cals before exersize and really keeps my motivation up for the other 5 days a week. Still losing weight, just at a rate of around 70% as what I was doing before. Tried the whole averaging over a week thing but didn't work for me as I would run myself out of cals too early.
This discussion has been closed.