Offensive or not? Breaking Cupcakes.

Options
SoDamnHungry
SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
The article: http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/09/16/breaking_bad_cupcakes_glasgow_s_evening_times_takes_the_right_approach_to.html

Basically, people are making cupcakes decorated to look like they're covered in the trademark blue meth, inspired by Breaking Bad. Does anyone think this is offensive? I don't find it any more offensive than the show. In fact, a lot of people don't. But there are like five people who do. Below is an example (since this article couldn't even be bothered to find an image). If anything, they'll probably just be difficult to chew since they're covered with rock candy. That's the real disappointment here.

blue-breaking-bad-crystal-cupcakes-Favim.com-620844.jpg

Replies

• arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Cupcakes and meth? What's NOT to love?!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    only a psycho could find that offensive.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I'm still eating candy cigarettes...
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    The only way I would find this offensive would be if I had a family member or friend who had a meth problem. But since I don't, bring 'em on.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

I like the gum ones with powder in the wrapper. If you blew it looked like you were puffing out smoke. Pretty sweet.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    people will find ways to get offended by air. or water. or anything. the cupcakes are adorable and i bet they taste amazing and i want to nom nom nom nom...........

...carry on.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options

I like the gum ones with powder in the wrapper. If you blew it looked like you were puffing out smoke. Pretty sweet.

I havent seen the powder gum ones in a very long time, but you can still get the candy cigarettes at the gas stations!!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Cupcakes and meth? What's NOT to love?!

^ This!!
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    The article: http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/09/16/breaking_bad_cupcakes_glasgow_s_evening_times_takes_the_right_approach_to.html

Basically, people are making cupcakes decorated to look like they're covered in the trademark blue meth, inspired by Breaking Bad. Does anyone think this is offensive? I don't find it any more offensive than the show. In fact, a lot of people don't. But there are like five people who do. Below is an example (since this article couldn't even be bothered to find an image). If anything, they'll probably just be difficult to chew since they're covered with rock candy. That's the real disappointment here.

blue-breaking-bad-crystal-cupcakes-Favim.com-620844.jpg
    Careful; they'll make your teeth fall out.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    people will find ways to get offended by air. or water. or anything. the cupcakes are adorable and i bet they taste amazing and i want to nom nom nom nom...........

...carry on.

Amen, sister! You can't please all of the people all of the time.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I am a cupcake baker and I love these! Wondering where I can find rock candy around here though...
  • Leah_Brooke
    Leah_Brooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I was addicted to Meth for a while & this STILL in no way offends me. Lmao.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    The only way I would find this offensive would be if I had a family member or friend who had a meth problem. But since I don't, bring 'em on.
    ^THIS. And probably wouldn't be offended then...
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have them at a child's birthday party, but how exactly is it offensive? in fact the "meth" they use in the show is actually candy from a local candy shop.

So it's a show about people basing over candy.
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Those look tasty! mmmmm, meth!
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm just offended by cupcakes in general.

The fad has gotten way out of control here. It's ridiculous.

Breaking Bad cupcakes, however, I could make an exception for...
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Offensive? No, Delicious? Yes!
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Actually cupcakes and meth are a good combo - never gain weight from those cupcakes cuz you'll forget to eat again from the meth :-D
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm just offended by cupcakes in general.

The fad has gotten way out of control here. It's ridiculous.

Breaking Bad cupcakes, however, I could make an exception for...

I'm bracing myself for the Cronut Crusades. We're a little slow to catch on here but when we do it completely sweeps the entire nation doesn't it?!