Never manage to log my dinner...

Options
I'm so into posting every meal. Then dinner time comes and I just can't be bothered. Often my husband cooks and it's hard to judge exactly what went into my meal. Does anyone have this problem? Any ideas on how to motivate myself to log everything I eat?

Replies

• itsnevrenough
    Options
    Just say you're going to do it, and ... DO IT!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I've had many of these days.

I'm the same when my OH cooks - never know what he puts in & when I ask he says "Oh probably about this much ..... & this much ....." nothing is measured etc. So I think ugh. Sometimes I just guesstimate but a lot of the time I can't be a$#$$.

When you get REALLY serious about it, you will track EVERYTHING or be deterred from eating a certain something because you won't be bothered weighing it, working it out.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I used to be all gung-ho about logging every single thing, but after two years onboard, I think I've become pretty good at judging, so I don't bother to log my dinner.
  • sandraniehaus
    sandraniehaus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fill your plate and take a picture
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Well we have a few dishes we regularly cook so I've entered them as recipes. So it's easy - one click! And sometimes if you eat similar things you can tell MFP to enter what you ate on a previous date which also makes it quick and easy. And my husband is getting used to telling me what I've eaten although he doesn't always remember to weigh everything! A lot of people log in advance. But mainly it's just seeing how effective it is - keeps me on it.
  • stacksue
    stacksue Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great Idea! At least I'll be able to estimate later.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    for me it's easy because I am pretty "OCD", not to make light of the actual disorder...but for me it's a thing, I joined MFP and by gosh I'm gonna log every dang bite that goes into my mouth, or I'll feel I've "failed". I'm getting married in a few weeks and I'll be on a 4-day trip and I'm already planning how I can log during that time from my laptop as I don't own a smartphone.

Maybe you're better off not being such a perfectionist about it though! hehe
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    If you're still losing, some folks would say it wouldn't matter.

If you get to a point where you're not losing.. and can't figure out why... maybe that'd be motivation to log.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do this from time to time because I log mostly at work because I'm in front of a computer all day. At night, I don't want to look at the computer at all.

I started getting my laptop out though after dinner as we're relaxing, watching tv or reading, and made it a habit to log. It can be done.