low sugar desserts 4a week better than 1 fat dessert

Options
I learn something new everyday, one of the gals at the church sent me this cuz she knows how hard my buddy and I have been at working on our new lifestyle. She knows we trashed the junk threw out all the sodas, cookies and chips also some ice cream.

Several low-calorie desserts better for weight loss than one full-fat treat
Here is it
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/several-lowcalorie-desserts-better-for-weight-loss-than-one-fullfat-treat-2295613.html

"Dieters who allow themselves one full-fat dessert a week as a congratulatory treat could be inadvertently thwarting their weight loss efforts, a new study suggests.

Instead of indulging once a week on a regular dessert, a new Greek study suggests a more effective weight loss strategy is to consume low-fat, sugar-free desserts several times a week. The findings were presented at The Endocrine Society's 93rd Annual Meeting in Boston this week.

"Dieters commonly splurge on dessert once a week, usually choosing fattening items," said lead investigator and pediatrician Antonia Dastamani in a statement. "However, we found a positive effect of more frequent consumption of desserts that have a low glycemic index and low glycemic load."

Foods with a low glycemic load and index raise blood sugar levels more slowly than other carbohydrates"
"

Replies

• sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    You missed this...
    The first group was fed low-calorie desserts containing sugar substitutes like sucralose, supplied by Athens food company the Giotis Company, which also helped fund the study.

When DQ starts making Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzards 'low-fat and sugar-free'.... and they actually taste good... I'll start eating 'em every day, instead of just on Sundays. Until then, Fat free Jello Pudding just doesn't cut it for me.

A side note... I got to try a Snickers Blizzard. Snickers Bars are so good, frozen, or at least refrigerated until nice and cold, and less soft and chewy.

homer_simpson31.jpg
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    That is complete nonsense. Maintain a caloric deficit and it doesn't really matter what you eat, as it pertains to weight loss.

Any article or "study" that says "is fattening" should be immediately ignored, imo.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    "Dieters who allow themselves one full-fat dessert a week as a congratulatory treat could be inadvertently thwarting their weight loss efforts, a new study suggests.

I agree. They should instead be learning how to make dessert an enjoyable part of their life, whenever they want it, while still meeting their nutrition goals.

Once a week my *kitten*.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    NO.

This. No.

Eat what you want, in moderation, and still lose weight.

But I mean, what would I know about anything related to weight loss.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Oh yay, a weight loss myth that reinforces my personal preference for a change!
    ::: scarfs more frozen yogurt :::
    Yeah, aside from that, nope.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    restriction ---> misery ---> failure

moderation ---> elation ----> success

also, lol @ where the funding came from. nice one, sloth!

tumblr_m3da62153X1qikhz3o3_500.gif
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    restriction ---> misery ---> failure

moderation ---> elation ----> success

also, lol @ where the funding came from. nice one, sloth!

tumblr_m3da62153X1qikhz3o3_500.gif

totally awesome response & the truth. Plus, I have to say I also love Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzards from DQ.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    You and your buddy are the weirdest trolls I've ever encountered.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I agree. They should instead be learning how to make dessert an enjoyable part of their life, whenever they want it, while still meeting their nutrition goals.

Once a week my *kitten*.

Thisthisthis.

I do a full fat dessert every night and I seem to be trucking along alright. But maybe I'm wrong /shrug.

I'm having this tonight

3789.png

Not a single low cal thing about it, and that's how I like it.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    You threw away ice cream????? :cry:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Right? Basically a crime.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    You and your buddy are the weirdest trolls I've ever encountered.

Nail on head.

Good god
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Hi minnie824755362
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    You missed this...
    The first group was fed low-calorie desserts containing sugar substitutes like sucralose, supplied by Athens food company the Giotis Company, which also helped fund the study.

THIS THIS THIS!! Who funded a study can have a major effect on the findings.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

Right? Basically a crime.

If it's not, it should be...
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options

Once a week my *kitten*.

Truth^^
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If they're talking about a 1000+ calorie dessert, well yeah... maybe. But I call BS.