What time to stop eating/snacking in the evening?

Options
Hi, I've been snacking on fruit and yoghurt in the evenings and although I don't go over my calories for the day a friend said I shouldn't eat anything after 7pm. Not sure who's right, anyone have any advice?

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I generally stop eating when I go to sleep.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Unless eating late at night causes you trouble sleeping or you can't stand crumbs in the bed, eating late at night shouldn't affect weight loss.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat. Food timing is a myth. I often wake up hungry and go get a snack and go back to bed. Hasn't hurt me yet.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't care what time it is as it can;t tell the time. I normally eat my main meal after 7 pm as you can see from my ticker it has not effected my weight loss
  • samammay
    Options
    I generally stop eating when I go to sleep.

This.
  • gamerkiwi
    gamerkiwi Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Whatever you like.

I personally like to start eating substantial meals about noonish, then stop at 8, but others seem to like spreading their calories out through the day. Whatever helps keep you satiated and happy.
  • init2fitit
    init2fitit Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't really tell time in the way that it will start storing all calories after 8 pm.
    Eat whenever you'd like.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter...just think it through logically for a minute...if you burn roughly XXXX calories per day, what difference would it make when you consumed them?

I eat dinner every night around 8:30 PM to 9:00 PM...sometimes even later.
  • tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    no-carbs-after-6pm-trust-me-bro.jpg

Trust your friend. Your friends always know best.

srsly:

It don't matter. Your body uses energy during all times of the day.
  • Diamond_lucy
    Diamond_lucy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's sorted then! Thanks for your replies I feel enlightened :bigsmile:
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    It's a myth that you have to stop eating at a certain time of day. If you're within your calorie goals, snack on!
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I tend to have supper, generally a bowl of soup with a slice of Gluten free brown bread, between 2130 -2330. That's usually my last meal.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Face first into a bowl of gruel won't add weight in the morning, and if it does, it washes off easily.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Meal frequency as no bearing whatsoever.... If I could figure out how to chew while I am sleep I would probably eat something then too... lol I take a 500 calorie snack at eat it in bed every night and it has not hindered any of my progress..... Best of Luck