Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Oy!
  • Rastamann
    Rastamann Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm going to the beer and donut topic. That one sounds a lot tastier.
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Enjoy farting like there's no tomorrow...
  • ladybuggprincess99
    Options
    I've been thinking about trying the cabbage soup diet for a week. Have any of you tried it and what kind of success did you have?

Which version?

I have a friend who does this "cleanse" for 10 days, all while eating the cabbage soup (The GM diet, i think?) All I remember about the days is she eats veggies all day one day, fruits all day one day... Bananas and yogurt day.... Chicken and tomatoes day.... Something like that. Anyway, she loves how it makes her feel, she loses 10ish pounds each time and she says it gives her more motivation and focus. She does it twice a year.

Personally, I just hate cabbage. :)
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Please, we need more responses here. I just know someone is dying to comment on the dreaded "cabbage-soup diet"! :laugh:
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about trying the cabbage soup diet for a week. Have any of you tried it and what kind of success did you have?
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I'm going to assume you're pulling our leg! The cabbage soup diet is a baloney gimmick from almost a century ago... The only reason it makes you lose weight is because it's so low-calorie... You could do the same by eating broccoli or grapefruit all day... There's nothing magical about cabbage soup, so why would you torture yourself with it, lolol??
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Its just a low calorie vegetable soup that fills you up with water and fiber content. No different than eating a salad and drinking water with it. The big problem is that you are missing protein and healthy fats in your diet, if that is all you are eating. So add some boiled eggs or chicken to the soup, and have some nuts on the side and you will be fine! I happen to like veggie soup with cabbage, so I make it occasionally even if I am not trying to lose weight.
    Nothing magical about it. You lose weight if that is all you eat, because you are eating so few calories.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    That snake-oil bullplopper diet is STILL around? Wow.....that makes me feel old. :huh:
  • riccilynne
    riccilynne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I actually didn't do it as a diet, but used it to supplement my own diet when I was just starving for something. Anything! So I freezed a lot of it and keep it handy whenever I'm feening for a snack. So I never did it as a primary means to lose weight, but it's pretty tasty once you add paprika, red pepper and a whole lot of garlic. Got my fiber and my spicy food all in one.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    The soup is a useful tool on days when you have nearly maxed out your calories before dinner and don't want to work out or just go over for the day.

Aside from that, it's useless long term. You will lose, be miserable, and gain it all back with 2 days after you stop, thus increasing your misery.

Just don't.