FitBit Weight Goals, Calorie Adjustments, etc.

Options
Kathryn72
Kathryn72 Posts: 17 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I've used MFP off and on for years. Today is my first day of also using a new FitBit. As I went about my business, I noticed FitBit was adjusting my permitted calories to my activity level today. It seemed a bit high given my activity level. I then entered a goal weight onto FitBit and how much I'd like to lose per week (1, 1.5, 2, etc). I thought that if FitBit thinks I'm just trying to maintain my current weight, it will be sending info to MFP with a maintenance goal, and my calorie goal on MFP will no be appropriate if I am trying to lose weight. I am only logging food on MFP. My current weight on both devices is the same and my desired weight loss per week is the same on each device.

Was it right to make that adjustment on FitBit? Will it screw things up on MFP?

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am not a Fitbit user.

I suggest you post your question to one of the MFP Fitbit groups, you can find them under "Groups" in the dark blue banner above.

here is a link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/search?utf8=✓&phrase=Fitbit

Good luck in your journey
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi eating back my fitbit earned calories doesn't work for me and neither does eating back exercise calories I still use my fitbit as I enjoy seeing my calories earned and it motivates me to walk more, it has also made me aware of how little I walk on my days off work and when I am not walking the kids to school. For these reasons I still use my fitbit but don't eat the calories back.
This discussion has been closed.