How does this change you?

Amber030583
Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I mainly have a weird question I guess. When you lose the weight does your bone structure change? Can it? I really have no clue. I have broad shoulders and have been told I have "baby making hips" lol. I would love to know that if I do lose the weight I will be able to know that my hips will come in at least a little bit or am I going to be stuck?

I know you won't be able to answer for me but I would love to hear how it was for you and what happened with you. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

• raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    In my experience, your body shape is your body shape, and it won't change. However, as you lose weight and build those muscles those "baby-making hips" will become less and less distinguishable. I have a pear figure and love the slight curve of my hips at my new lower weight. I wasn't crazy about them 45 pounds heavier :)
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Your bones are your bones. You won't lose your bone shape without losing your bones - which isn't what losing fat does (well, some science has evidence about calcium deficiencies, but that's not your question)

What may happen is that if you carry your weight around your hips as you lose fat you may not have as much there, so less emphasis visually, but your basic underlying structure won't change.

And you should be proud of hips...real women have curves!
This discussion has been closed.