What's your workout routine?

Options
2»

Replies

• juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I typically train 3x/week. Day 1: Bench, squat, row, romanian deadlift; day 2: deadlift heavy, deadlift assistance variations; day three: squat, bench, row plus assistance lifts each day.

I also walk my dog a ton :)

I don't really do any conditioning or cardio but focus solely on strength.

I train at home. My husband and I built a basement gym with deadlift platform, squat rack, bench and about 800lbs in plates plus other stuff. It's great for flexibility on timing.
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Heavy weights 2 or 3 times a week. Cardio 3 times a week for 45 mins combo of elliptical and treadmill walking..bad ankles so I can't run or do any moves which cause me to land on my feet. Jumping jacks are a no no.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    Being Jim Wendler's *****...
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Yoga sounds really fun, I've never tried it! Do you eat fruits?
    [/quote]

Yes! I eat fruit every day, usually in a smoothie :)
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 3x week and walking a lot. That pretty much covers it. I do try to do some yoga, HIIT and random cardio (dancing, hula hooping etc) but the lifting is the big thing.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Men's Health weight training programs, 45 minutes of elliptical trainer cardio every other day, 10 minutes of yoga daily.

I've been working out an hour a day 6x a week for the last 20 years and initially just set the goal of going to the gym...then built little by little till it became about 50 minutes of real work, and 10 minutes of chatter.

Give yourself some time to make it part of your life.