Tips?

Options
Hi there, I have been dieting for about 2 months now and am up to 50 lbs. Lost 10 pre MFP. My question is this. When im putting in my foos I almost always blow the sodium out of the water. Any ideas on ways to get that down? Also I try not to eat much as I am a big guy and want to lose wuicker. I started at 348 am currently hovering around 296.

I haven't started working out yet but what do I want to be focusing on food wise. Carbs/protein/fiber/etc?

My log will look hectic im sure, I work from 3 to midnight so don't have "normal" hours so eat when I can. Most of the time dinner is around 2am. Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• Live4theLift
    Options
    Dont stress about your sodium, i go WAY over everyday. All its gonna do is add some water weight really and how you can combat that is to drink excess water, the more water you take in the less water your body will hold.
  • lebbyloses
    lebbyloses Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary a bit, and you eat a lot of processed food. I'm not an expert on this (or anything else), but pretty much anything you buy that's microwaveable or in a can or preserved in any way is going to have a ton of sodium. It's how they preserve it. So if you want to cut out a lot of sodium, cook from scratch. Also, bread often has a lot.

I'm not sure I buy that sodium is The Devil (unless you have high blood pressure), but I've been trying to reduce my reliance on processed food for my own reasons, and it is both a hard and delicious process. I don't have a lot of time or energy to cook myself three healthy meals a day--so I don't. I cook a ton of things once a week or so and then reheat as needed. So that's my big tip. :)
  • init2fitit
    init2fitit Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    To get lower sodium, you either have to cook it yourself and keep track of salt, or like someone else said, cut out a lot of the processed foods.

I personally watch sodium because I have a family history of hypertension/hbp and I also track my weight on a graph so days that reflect my added water weight mess up my data.
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Unless you have high blood pressure or other health problem, don't stress about the sodium. It may cause temporary water retention, but won't affect true weight loss. Or as my doctor told me "salt doesn't make you fat, calories make you fat"
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    P.S. congratulations on the 50 pounds. That is fantastic.
  • chrisbulmer1
    Options
    thanks all. I just go with processed its easier with my schedule. I can try cooking more. Is fish a good choice I see its low in calories and such. What are yalls food plans like for a day?