This is a big step for me, Leg improvement.

Options
Although i do not have a before picture i assure you that i had wheelchair legs. Keep in mind i was once a powerful power lifter, squatting more than 600lbs. Even though i have only been working on my legs about the past 6 weeks, i think its about time i have accountability for working on them further. This is the first time i have lifted with my legs in almost 10 years. Please remember I have only been training them around 6 weeks now. Yes i squat without touching my heels to the floor, yes i deadlift without touching my heels to the floor. PF has caused it so I can't touch my heels to the floor for any reason so my legs will only get so big. Better than being in a wheelchair if you ask me though. Deep breath, time to show my weak side

IMG_0148_zps75ef973a.jpg

Replies

• MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    :huh: where's the weak pics?
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Nice! Great job!
  • sluggz
    sluggz Posts: 134
    Options
    Whatever you are doing appears to be working. Great work!
    out of curiosity... can you wear lifting shoes with the elevated heels?
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    strong penor.

Your quads look better than mines op.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Whatever you are doing appears to be working. Great work!
    out of curiosity... can you wear lifting shoes with the elevated heels?
    With the nerve damage to my heels i can not touch down on them at all. Literally its like being hit with a stun gun, i drop like a rock.
  • james6998
    Options
    strong penor.

Your quads look better than mines op.
    I know i should be grateful for what i have managed to build but alas Hamstrings seem to allude me.
  • sluggz
    Options
    got access to a GHR machine? those don't require heels to touch anything
  • james6998
    Options
    got access to a GHR machine? those don't require heels to touch anything
    GHR machine? Not familiar with that
  • sluggz
    Options
    Glute Ham Raise - http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=391&pid=3243

you can load it by holding plates on your chest or behind your head... works great for hamstring development!
  • james6998
    Options
    Glute Ham Raise - http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=391&pid=3243

you can load it by holding plates on your chest or behind your head... works great for hamstring development!
    Indeed I just looked this up and yes we do have one, going to give that a shot along with sissy squats, considering they are done from the toes.
  • sluggz
    Options
    probably nothing new to you, but make sure you really focus on contracting the hamstrings and glutes, otherwise it turns into a sloppy low-back disaster...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!