Big Papa... No More !!

lvcdmk
lvcdmk Posts: 11
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Chris and I started my 'life change" (don't like the word diet) today. My wife found this site, and I think it will really help me. I am 39 years old and I my weight is 450. I know this will not be an overnight thing by any means, but I have been told all my life that I was "fat" and when I was ready to do something about it, I would... Well now is the time. I have a beautiful 18 year old daughter that I would like to continue to see grow up and someday have a family of their own. I focused so hard on trying to get approved for bypass surgery, that I have wasted the last year of my life doing it ! I could have lost 100 lbs by now... but thats then and this is now.

I am happy I found this site. I look forward to meeting and talking to other "life changers" through my journey. Have a blessed day !! :smile:

Replies

• lvcdmk
    My name is Chris and I started my 'life change" (don't like the word diet) today. My wife found this site, and I think it will really help me. I am 39 years old and I my weight is 450. I know this will not be an overnight thing by any means, but I have been told all my life that I was "fat" and when I was ready to do something about it, I would... Well now is the time. I have a beautiful 18 year old daughter that I would like to continue to see grow up and someday have a family of their own. I focused so hard on trying to get approved for bypass surgery, that I have wasted the last year of my life doing it ! I could have lost 100 lbs by now... but thats then and this is now.

I am happy I found this site. I look forward to meeting and talking to other "life changers" through my journey. Have a blessed day !! :smile:
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Wow that's really great! Good luck, I'm sure you'll do fantastic! :smile:
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Welcome! It is so exciting to read what you wrote! With an attitude like that you can not fail. You know that saying take one day at a time? Scratch that! LOL and take it one meal at a time. This is going to be an awesome journey for you (god can you tell I'm from CA?!:ohwell: )

Best of everything to you!
  • lvcdmk
    Thanks for the postings... I feel good, I will keep everyone posted, so keep your eyes out for me !!
  • tekrueger
    tekrueger Posts: 85
    Best of luck on your life change! I like your feeling that diet isn't a good word. Yah, forget the word diet. Life change, I like it.
    It's good because we constantly have lots of little choices to make; these choices are in relation to lots of stuff, not the least of which are the things we eat and drink and how we live,
    I know for me that after more than a year I am still dealing with making those daily choices.
    It is wonderful that you decided to make a choice to live better and have decided to not wait anymore. Way to go!
    Thomas
    PS: Are you having the bypass surgery?
  • lvcdmk
    Hi Thomas,
    No, I have decided against the bypass surgery. I am going to count caloreis, and exercise the best I can. My Doctor feels that if I take the weight off slow and steady, i will have a better chance of keep it off. Thanks for your kind words. I will keep you all posted !!
  • Hi ! It's great to meet you and see others that are ready for the change. Im 27 yrs old and currently weighing in at 310 lbs. IF I want to see my little boy grow up and get married and have some grandchildren , I need to do this for me and HIM. Please come join us over in the motivation board at the 100+ lb. Challenge great support from everyone on this site and in the 100lb challenge you deffinately know you aren't alone.

For years I've looked at big people and said " dear gawd if I ever get that big shoot me" I know , how rude huh , and stupid cause I was already bigger than half of em. But not anymore cause I will do it this time , there are no second chances, and I threw my roundtuit away! ( I'll get around to it)
  • Beccilynn
    Beccilynn Posts: 177
    It is a great site ! You gain knowledge and great great support !

GOOD luck !!

~Becci~
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Welcome!!!! Nice to have you aboard. You will find tons of support here.
    Healthy choices, exercise and the will-YOU CAN DO THIS:flowerforyou:
    Renee
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Welcome and good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Welcome, and good luck! You are going to love it here!:drinker:
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Welcome Ive only been here for 1 1/2 week and I love it already.

Mary:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • Sounds like we are in so much the same boat. I have tried for 4 years to get the bypass done with no success. I have been up to 440 but am down to around 428 last check. I've gotten in such bad shape that I can't exercise, matter of fact I can raise both hands in the air sometimes and will about pass out. Had surgery for SVT two years ago but think I have spurred the problem again. Still try to work and do what I can during the day in hopes of getting in shape to go back to work. I miss it so badly. We can do this.....we have to do this. I want to see my grandkids some day and play with my old hotrods with my boys. I want to dance again with my wife....and not be in bed for two days afterwards.....again....we will do this......I'm not giving up this time.....you can't either. Any time you need me email and I'll be glad to talk to you and try to give you the encouragement you need. My wife is on here too and will as well. Good luck and God bless!!!!!
    Craig
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Welcome Chris:happy: We are blessed to have met you and are looking forward to this journey we will all have together.:drinker: Here is to a new and healthier body:drinker: That's green tea in my cheer cups:happy:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Glad you are here and making a choice that will change your life for the better. Best thing is there is no recovery for choosing healthy food and moderate exercise. Isn't that great.:bigsmile:

You can make this happen and we are all here for you.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.