I lost FOUR pounds my first week on MFP!!!

Options
lessjess1
lessjess1 Posts: 71 Member
I'm so happy! Really! But should I be concerned that MFP set me up to lose 2 lbs a week and I lost 4? I want to be healthy about this weight loss, and I know they don't recommend aiming for more than 2 lbs per week. Maybe its just cuz this was my first week on the program? I'll wait and see what happens next week...

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! Everyone loses more the first week. Mine averaged out over two months to be 1.62 which I had MFP set to 1.5 lbs a week so I was happy.
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    that is awesome. I lost 10 my first week. You usually lose more the first week or two due to water. Keep up the great work. Just don't expect 4 a week.
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    you will lose more in the begining! I lost 3 pounds every week for like the first 3 months and I was set up to lose 1. besides in the begining it could be water weight loss. Keep up the good work!
  • Michaela722
    Options
    Bigger losses in the beginning are expected. :) WTG!!
  • mama22girlz
    Options
    Great job. I agree with the others you usually loose alot in the first few weeks, some is water but your also more aware of what your putting in your mouth and if your like me your body was probably getting alot of bad foods or TOO many calories. It will (unfortuantly lol) slow down.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Be happy, don't sweat it, and prepare for a big slow down, and maybe even a tiny weight gain in the next few weeks.

Your body does let go of some water weight when you start losing. Not quite sure why, but (unfortunately) I've done this often enough to know it is true. Sometimes the big loss is only week one, sometimes it continues for 2 or 3 weeks, and for some people it doesn't even kick in until week 3! And then there are the unlucky few who never have it. The important thing is to look at the overall track of your weight. It should be going down. And by the time you are done losing weight it will even out to 1 or 2 pounds AVERAGE over the entire journey. Keep in mind that this means you will some 1/4 pound weeks, and maybe even a totally unwarranted gain of water weight at some point in the journey.

Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!