Replies

• nikky31
    nikky31 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    where have all the cowboy's gone by Kate Pearce
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Glass Houses by Jane Haddam, and Compelled by Love by Heidi Baker . Holmes is my lunch time reading on my Kindle App. Glass Houses is a brain candy murder mystery and Compelled by Love is for my women's group at church.
  • DudeistPriest
    DudeistPriest Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Screw the Roses, Send Me the Thorns.

What's that about?

I haven't started The Secret History yet, but I know it's about a group of college history students who form a secret society lead by a professor and then from there it gets all deep and dangerous according to the back of the book and the friend who suggested it.

Haven't taken it out the bag yet. A lady at the gym gave it to me, let you know when I start reading.

It's a pretty good look into, introduction to and how to begin guide to BDSM. Widely acclaimed among practioners there of.

I've got 3 books going currently. Ahabs wife-Sena Jeter Naslund; The Rules Of Dreaming-Bruce Hartman; and Fifty Shades Of Grey-E L James

Fun. I refuse to go anywhere 50 Shades, I just can't do it. I'm sure I've written better erotica. But you might be entertained by The Beauty Trilogy by Anne Rice. It's more fanciful than realistic but it's got some fun BDSM scenes and is a very fun world to get lost in. The Story of O is also on that list but it's not nearly as good as people make it out to be.

I've read the Beauty trilogy several times. Only reading 50 shades because so many Vanillas I know have read it and keep wanting to discuss it.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Ender's Game...............Only because my partner said I would like it & before we go see the movie (when it comes out)
  • DudeistPriest
    DudeistPriest Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    The Silmarillion by J.R.R Tolkien. :)
    Just finished My Uncle Oswald by Roald Dahl!

I tried to read The Silmarillion but just couldn't keep to it. Thought it might be a bit interesting but just found it to be very dry history and as boring as parts of The Old Testament.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Have recently just read (within the last week):

Tess Gerritsen's "Last to Die"

Someone left that at work in the lost and found so I read it, normally not my bag, but I finished it a week because it kept my interest.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

What's that about?

I haven't started The Secret History yet, but I know it's about a group of college history students who form a secret society lead by a professor and then from there it gets all deep and dangerous according to the back of the book and the friend who suggested it.

Haven't taken it out the bag yet. A lady at the gym gave it to me, let you know when I start reading.

It's a pretty good look into, introduction to and how to begin guide to BDSM. Widely acclaimed among practioners there of.

I've got 3 books going currently. Ahabs wife-Sena Jeter Naslund; The Rules Of Dreaming-Bruce Hartman; and Fifty Shades Of Grey-E L James

Hmmm, well my gym membership just became weird. Surprised that she didn't ask me if I read the book or not.

And thanks for the top on the other book, I might be getting an education.
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options

What's that about?

Fun. I refuse to go anywhere 50 Shades, I just can't do it. I'm sure I've written better erotica. But you might be entertained by The Beauty Trilogy by Anne Rice. It's more fanciful than realistic but it's got some fun BDSM scenes and is a very fun world to get lost in. The Story of O is also on that list but it's not nearly as good as people make it out to be.

I've read the Beauty trilogy several times. Only reading 50 shades because so many Vanillas I know have read it and keep wanting to discuss it.

I hope you have fun reading them.
  • Danicalifornia3
    Danicalifornia3 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Lolita for my first time around. I knew the premise beforehand, but it's bothering me a lot more than I had anticipated...
  • MalindaLeigh714
    MalindaLeigh714 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Wicked
  • mandysmith81
    Options
    Call of the Jersey Devil By: Aurelio Voltaire. It's so good!! This is my second time reading it! :heart:
  • the_summer_belle
    the_summer_belle Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    im reading this thread
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Dr Arthurs's study guide for the NCE
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Dan Brown Inferno
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Lolita for my first time around. I knew the premise beforehand, but it's bothering me a lot more than I had anticipated...
    Fantastic book. After I read it, I was absolutely confused about all the people who describe it as a love story and actually took away from it that she seduced him. Ridiculous.

I was really impressed with Nabokov, though, because his insight into the affect that had on Lolita was incredible for the time.

Anyway, I decided to push myself past my ASOIAF book hangover and started Peter Pan last night. I don't know how I got to 36 years old without ever reading it, but I'm fixing that now!
  • Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    "Zen and The Art of Falling in Love" - practical book for living life!!

Love Zen!

Can't wait to go to a Zendo!!! <3
  • YogaLegs87
    Options
    Making my way through Leslie Kaminoff's Yoga Anatomy, and loving every page! Also attempting to get into that book that Rowling wrote under a pseudo, but am a little ashamed to admit it hasn't hooked me yet.
  • Onederchic
    Onederchic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    "Doctor Sleep" by Stephen King
    "Frankenstein" by Mary Shelley
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Dixie City Jam by James Lee Burke