Xbox One fitnessTaking your P90X, Insanity.. to next level

Options
Have a look at the video and tell me what you guys think.

Personally I have never done any of those programs but does look tempting to start on a xbox one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90vnJ_cNKf0

Replies

• AbsyPernet
    Options
    I did 3 rounds of insanity, finished P90X and now doing a hybrid of both and running. It does look awesome, but I am not sure what I will get out of it by doing it with Xbox

But, I wouldn't mind trying it out to see if there is a difference

Have fun:wink:
  • JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I cant say this for a fact but I guess it will work similiar to one I have seen on the 360. UFC Trainer. The console actually stores all your data, automatically keeps track of where in the program you are.

So it has a lot a benefits compared to just a dvd
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Home fitness programs with all kinds of integrated biofeedback are clearly going to be all the rage in the future... complete with the program content automatically changing and adjusting to you based on your form... "get those shoulders up"... "keep your back straight"... based on your heart rate... "you can handle more, push harder" ... "you need to slow it down just a little"... and so on.... as though your favorite trainer is standing there giving you a completely custom 1 on 1 session... they will have these guys reading endless scripts for these programs but the end result will be awesome and much more effective then ever... much more effective even then actually having them in person....

BUT.... Xbox One is NOT going to provide that level of feedback, certainly not anytime soon... eventually though that is how it will work.
  • JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Maybe wont have that feedback at the moment but dont think it would be difficult to implement as the new Kinek can track way better than the old one and the old one was already tracking decently.

Like the UFC trainer you had to flip tires so it actually waits til you go into a squat then you go up and you have to push your arms forward otherwise it wont count. so that is already good at tracking your body.
  • T_William
    T_William Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    @YesIAm17 the xbox one could very well offer most of this, greatly improved voice control, camera sensitivity and the ability to measure your heart rate

xl_xbox_fitness.jpg
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    It does look awesome, but I am not sure what I will get out of it by doing it with Xbox

I tried it, not for me. I can't continue the workouts because I have a bad knee and it keeps trying to make me do things I can't do, so I do workouts that let me work around my bad knee in a way that I won't make it worse.. Surprisingly, my knee does better with running than with the xbox workout games (kinect), go figure lol.
  • T_William
    T_William Posts: 147 Member
    Options
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I saw a preview of this version, and what they are working on in their lab, at a conference last month. What they have now looked fun, the bioscience monitoring stuff that was in the lab looked amazing. Someday it will be like having a personal trainer in your living room!