List of ingrediants

Options
I really like this low fat cream cheese but it might be crap...lots of strange sounding ingrediants. I am wondering if there is a spot here pn mfp where i could post it and somebody tells me.

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I think you are in the right place now. Post them and hopefully someone can tell you what they think.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Well, you could just post the ingredients here for opinions? Also, maybe define "crap"... ie. what are your priorities/concerns with nutrition?
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You're probably right, not the best ingredients, but here's my personal philosophy. I eat 80% clean, but I relax about things I'm eating in small quantities like condiments. I still eat ketchup, whipped cream cheese, store-bought dressing, and light Hellman's mayo (gasp! so bad but I can't eat tuna without it). Since I know I'm only eating ~1 tbsp at a time of these condiments, and they contribute so much more pleasure to the food I'm eating, I don't stress about it. For me, being too restrictive is a recipe for failure- if I say I can't have ketchup or mayo or cream cheese, I'll be dreaming about it all the time haha which just seems like a waste of brainpower. But do what works for you! :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You're probably right, not the best ingredients, but here's my personal philosophy. I eat 80% clean, but I relax about things I'm eating in small quantities like condiments. I still eat ketchup, whipped cream cheese, store-bought dressing, and light Hellman's mayo (gasp! so bad but I can't eat tuna without it). Since I know I'm only eating ~1 tbsp at a time of these condiments, and they contribute so much more pleasure to the food I'm eating, I don't stress about it. For me, being too restrictive is a recipe for failure- if I say I can't have ketchup or mayo or cream cheese, I'll be dreaming about it all the time haha which just seems like a waste of brainpower. But do what works for you! :)

What is so bad about Hellmans light mayo looks fine to me? It says it's made with cage free eggs and is a good source of Omega 3.

Here is the nutrition list:

NutritionFacts
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 35
    Calories From Fat 30
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 3.5g 5%
    Saturated Fat 0.5g 3%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
    Monounsaturated Fat 1g
    Cholesterol less than 5mg 0%
    Sodium 125mg 5%
    Total Carbohydrate less than 1g 0%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 0g 0%
    Protein 0g
    Vitamin A 0%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 0%
    Iron 0%
    *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
    WATER, SOYBEAN OIL, MODIFIED STARCH (CORN, POTATO)**, EGGS, SUGAR, SALT, VINEGAR, LEMON JUICE, SORBIC ACID** AND CALCIUM DISODIUM EDTA (USED TO PROTECT QUALITY), NATURAL FLAVOR, VITAMIN E. **INGREDIENTS NOT FOUND IN REGULAR MAYONNAISE. GLUTEN-FREE.
  • korinnabauer
    Options
    List of ingrediants:

Cheese, butter, red pepperbell, mononatriumfosfat,dinatriumfosfat, caliumpolyfosfat, caliumsorbat, mononatriumfosfat, dinatriumfosfat, caliumpolyfosfat, caliumsorbat.

I had 1 tablespoon of this today...on a whole weat cracker.fresh. Salad greens, 1 slice of homemade haggis and 1/2 couscous.

Now: protein icecreamsunday with dark choclate sauce and fresh berries...have a greateeelend
  • korinnabauer
    Options

Iam a total ketchupaddict, iguess on 3-4 tablespoons per lunch and dinner