ticker chart and marker

Options
can anyone tell me why my marker on my ticker bar with my weight on is not moving along to show lbs lost so far. thanks

Carol

Replies

• NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure but maybe you can try updating your info here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker/update_weight
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    SkinnyWannabeGal Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My ticker moves every time I update my weight.

I go to: My home > check-in, then I enter today's weight and click "submit."

Not sure if I'm any help, but I hope so :smile:
  • FitterBody
    FitterBody Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    How much have you lost so far? According to your ticker you have set a goal to lost 225 lbs so each little white railway track marker (if you understand what I mean) is about 28 lbs along the line so seeing a 3 lb loss progress will only move your ticker about 1mm at most. People with tickers set for tiny targets will look like they are racing along. E.g someone with a ticker set to say 8 lbs to lose, will see it move a whole track marker ( about 1 cm) every lb they lose. That looks to be moving along about 30 times quicker than yours but the weight loss is the same lb for lb. Don't stress over it. It will be moving like the tortoise that beat the hare and you will still come out a champion when you get there! :drinker:
    If you must see it move quicker then break your goal up into smaller ones and set the ticker for each one in turn. E.g. break it into 5 lots of 45 lbs to reach your 225 lbs total and set the ticker for each target of 45 so you get to the finish line 5 times but see a lot more movement each time you lose a lb or two.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    thank you all I will try to get my head round this later, I can see what you mean by smaller amounts not showing up so much but cant see at present where I can change the format I have entered carol
  • FitterBody
    Options
    You can use the link that NarneyK supplied above, or get to the same place by doing this:-

Select "APPS"
    Select "Tickers"
    Select "Update your weight data"

Put in the details with your new lower goal weight etc. and when you save it you will see the new "faster" :wink: ticker.
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    Oh yes i have done it now thanks and i seem to have run along the marker, that's much more encouraging i felt i was running on the spot!!!!!! thanks
  • FitterBody
    Options
    Glad to have been of help.
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    yes great help thanks