Groin pain

Options
Runners, I need some advice please. I am just end of a training program for a half marathon, and I suddenly started having some groin pain. It does not hurt terribly, but I went out for run the pain was fairly acute however it got lesser after 4 mile. I do R.I.C.E but I need faster result because of the race will be in 8 days. I cannot stop my trainings and whatever happens I’m going to run with or without pain on the race day.

Replies

• timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I would get it checked out by a doctor. This summer I had groin pain on one side and it turned out to be from my hip. The hip can refer pain into the groin. Hernias can also cause groin pain so it's important to rule that out first. Be careful with that "run with the pain" attitude. That got me into trouble at the beginning of this year and I was out of commission for a long time. I am sitting out a race next weekend that I paid $60 for due to this hip issue. It doesn't hurt much any more but I would rather sit out a race now than have to take another extended break from running.
  • SerRun
    SerRun Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks mate, but if I go to GP, I'm sure he's not gonna let me run the race and urge me to rest, I don't want to hear that therefore looking for a quicker solution. just to let you know the pain in both sides not only one therefore I don't think it's hernia!