Unexplained Bruising...

This is waaaaay off-topic, quite possibly. Please bear with me.

I noticed, yesterday, that I have *huge* unexplained bruises on the inside of both thighs. They were a shock to me, to say the least.

I know I did not bump myself or otherwise injure myself.

The only exercise I've been doing is my mini trampoline (and I don't go nuts bouncing!) and walking at a stiff pace.

Is this diet/exercise related?

Have any of you others noticed/experienced such a thing?

I will be phoning my doctor, tomorrow... but am wondering if any of you have any ideas what this might be?

Please forgive the off-topic posting. I'm just rather concerned. This is NOT normal for me.

Carrie

Replies

• carrierella
    carrierella Posts: 109 Member
    This is waaaaay off-topic, quite possibly. Please bear with me.

I noticed, yesterday, that I have *huge* unexplained bruises on the inside of both thighs. They were a shock to me, to say the least.

I know I did not bump myself or otherwise injure myself.

The only exercise I've been doing is my mini trampoline (and I don't go nuts bouncing!) and walking at a stiff pace.

Is this diet/exercise related?

Have any of you others noticed/experienced such a thing?

I will be phoning my doctor, tomorrow... but am wondering if any of you have any ideas what this might be?

Please forgive the off-topic posting. I'm just rather concerned. This is NOT normal for me.

Carrie
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Hello, It's nice to see another Mennonite on this site. My wife Donna and I are also Mennonite. My wife gets bruising because she is on blood thinners for a heart condition. I've also heard or read somewhere that too much Vitamin C can cause bruising. Welcome, and God Bless you.
    Cowboy
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    I find random bruises on me all the time. I usually have a few on the inside of my thigh or on my hip bone or on the inside of my knees. I'm anemic so I always just attributed it to that, but I was kind of wondering if I was the only one as well.

I have no idea what it could be.
    anyone else?
  • I know with me there are times when just pressure can cause bruising, such as holding a bucket or bowl with my legs to drop the potato peels into, etc. Same for when I was married and intimate. You don't really notice it at the time, but later (sometime days) the bruise(s) shows up and you can't imagine where it (they) came from.

I would check with your doctor though and see if he/she has any suggestions on nutrition to make you less sensitive to bruising as well as to check to make sure it's not a medical issue. I too have unpredictable skin, sometimes I bump so hard and think 'Oh Boy is that gonna bruise", and it turns out to be minimal or nothing, then the next time, a small brush against something can result in the ugliest purple/green mark ever. No rhyme or reason that I could figure. I do know that bruises are from broken surface capilaries, tiny blood vessels under the skin. Just don't know why sometimes they are so sensitive???
    If you find out, please post or email me.

P.S. I'm not anemic, doc is always checking me for that.
    :smile: Tammy
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    I bruise very easily but I have had blood tests and nothing wrong. My doc said sometimes people just bruise. I do know if I bump myself hard I will have a large dark bruise. But they seem to only concentrate on my legs. Not attractive at all.

I am in Chicago and the morning radio web's site will be posting a product soon for bruising. I guess you just apply it and in a few hours, the bruise is gone or at least decreased. They aren't posting it until the beginning of May, for suspense probably. The girl who is using it said it really works for her. I will definitely give it a try.