NSVs help carry me through...

Options
I've been stuck in place. And I know that less my less than stellar eating plan is the problem. But I have diligently logged and continued to exercise. Over the last week, I have had a number of really great NSV that have been helping me refocus on my purpose and goal:

1. My pants are getting too big and my belt is now notched on the smalled hole (about 2" smaller than where it used to be)!

2. In the last two days I've had a number of people who don't know I'm trying to get healthier notice my weight loss -- even though the scale hasn't budged in awhile.

3. I just realized that my BMI has officially changed from obese to overweight. Here I come healthy range!

4. I just ran my first sub-11 minute mile -- taking 4 minutes 10 seconds off my time from the beginning of the summer!

So what does this mean? My quest for weight loss is resulting in a happier, healthier me. The extra benefit -- down another 0.4 lbs today. Yippee!

Here's to keep it going...one step at a time.

Replies

• SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! Well done.
    I must also keep track of NSVs
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    sorry what are NSV's
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    NSV - Non-scale victories.

My jeans are now too loose. I found some old clothes in the back of the closet I had forgotten about that haven't fit in a long time. One was a dress pants suit that I have never been able to wear - and they all fit!

Edited because I got lose and loose mixed up for some unknown reason.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck in place. And I know that less my less than stellar eating plan is the problem. But I have diligently logged and continued to exercise. Over the last week, I have had a number of really great NSV that have been helping me refocus on my purpose and goal:

1. My pants are getting too big and my belt is now notched on the smalled hole (about 2" smaller than where it used to be)!

2. In the last two days I've had a number of people who don't know I'm trying to get healthier notice my weight loss -- even though the scale hasn't budged in awhile.

3. I just realized that my BMI has officially changed from obese to overweight. Here I come healthy range!

4. I just ran my first sub-11 minute mile -- taking 4 minutes 10 seconds off my time from the beginning of the summer!

So what does this mean? My quest for weight loss is resulting in a happier, healthier me. The extra benefit -- down another 0.4 lbs today. Yippee!

Here's to keep it going...one step at a time.

Well done. I have gone from a size 14 to 10 (tried on pants I bought on Monday, 12 too big, need a belt otherwise not able to wear). The 10 is perfect. I have decided to divorce my scale and leave it behind the bathroom door where it belongs. In the beginning we had a wonderful relationship, but now things are up one day and down the next, which is just playing with my emotions causing me to overeat as I become very frustrated. I do not need that kind of relationship, so have decided to move on and marry Mr. Tape Measure.
  • TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My scale and I have a love/hate relationship so I don't take much notice of it unless it shows a loss :wink:

I just think if no movement on the scale the fact that I am continuing to eat healthy and exercising means that I am getting fitter and this is more important than a number!

Clothes are a good guideline and the tape measure shows a loss a lot of the time when the scales don't.

Here's to being fitter and healthier.

Well done x
  • kristinksmith
    kristinksmith Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My scale and I have a love/hate relationship so I don't take much notice of it unless it shows a loss :wink:

I totally agree with you! I know people recommended only weighing in one day a week, but I just can't manage the suspense. So I weigh in whenever I want, but I ONLY track the down numbers. So here's to celebrating the positive and working through the rest!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    thats awesome. i think i will record my NSV's as well. going to do that tonight. thanks!!! and congrats!!
  • marialydia
    marialydia Posts: 16 Member
    Options

I totally agree with you! I know people recommended only weighing in one day a week, but I just can't manage the suspense. So I weigh in whenever I want, but I ONLY track the down numbers. So here's to celebrating the positive and working through the rest!

Oh my! SO glad you said that, thought I was the only one. I cannot and will not gain weight, so quick if there is a higher number I redouble efforts. (I'm consistent, and keep throwing out any and all clothes that are too large, because I am not going back...)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!