best friuts n veggies for weight loss? anyone know or wanna

Options
best friuts n veggies for weight loss? anyone know or wanna comment greatly appreciated:wink:

ps... what has worked for you???

Replies

• MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    The ones you like!!!
  • Angowen
    Angowen Posts: 22
    Options
    I can't say what the best are but I think they're all good for you. Obviously, some are higher in calories than others so I think it becomes a personal choice of what you want to spend your calories on. I eat all the fruits and veggies I like but the most important thing is to count the calories, that has been the biggest help to me. Some things like avocados are higher in calories but SO good for you so it's worth the extra cals. Bananas are a little higher too but packed with potassium so I eat at least one every day. You'll find your niche with the things you like and you won't worry so much about which are higher than others. Good luck to you!
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I've read that oranges, or any citrus fruit, are good for fighting belly fat. Avocados too.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I love sugar snap peas and bell peppers!
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have always heard to eat the rainbow everyday of fruits and veggies......red orange yellow green blue purple....to get all your vitimins but it is the green leaveies that are the best for weight loss.
  • prinqt
    prinqt Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bannanas are high in fat.
    Watermellon is a negative calorie food.
    Do a google or yahoo search on negative calorie foods.
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Bannanas are high in fat.
    Watermellon is a negative calorie food.
    Do a google or yahoo search on negative calorie foods.

bananas are high in carbs because of the sugar, but they are definitely not a high fat food. Watermelon is also high is sugars.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for the best foods for weight loss, search "super foods" in the message board search bar. I've posted a few links to lists posted by self.com and shape.com that explain which foods are great for your health and weight loss and why. My favorites:

bananas
    avocado
    almonds
    red bell peppers
    eggs
  • Evasher
    Evasher Posts: 20
    Options
    Green pepper will help lessen water retention. I admire your realistic goals and understanding that increment that enhances wellness is of value. I just completed cardiac rehab where I exercised 3 x a week yet did not lose weight. Thankfully, I did not gain. You are reaffirming that we are all in this together. Now to get my walk in after mimicking exercises from the wellness center at home. Thanks for the post! I made good choices last night once I remembered I had choices!