Why is my sweet tooth controlling me?

Options
I've been a vegetarian for several years now and I love the lifestyle. Last year, when I was pregnant with our son, I indulged a little: a little turkey, a little roast, and the occasional Cadbury’s fruit and nut bar. (My doctor told me to eat meat to prevent anemia or get a blood transfusion, so I at some meat.)

Anyway, since I had the baby, I can not control my sweet tooth. I was able to quit eating meat; however, I can not shake the chocolate! What's up with that? According MFP’s calorie counter, I am not exceeding my 1200 calorie limit even if I satisfy my chocolate cravings. I have also stopped losing weight. I’ve tried eating healthy sweets such as grapes, plums, and fruit smoothies, but nothing is taking the place of milk chocolate. I don’t eat it everyday, but when I do, it’s addicting.

Does anyone else out there have an insatiable sweet tooth? If so, how do you control it and are you continuously to lose weight?

Replies

• kittina
    kittina Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a terrible sweet tooth always have, always will. There's days when I want to just eat candy and lots of it! I find certain treats help here and there. For chocolate I like the jello sugar free puddings and I pair it with some almonds, the 100 calorie Cadbury bars, chocolate protein bars and protein shakes also help take the edge off.